Code size with SDK 1.3.4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jozac_1334116
Level 1
Level 1

I updated SDK 1.3.3 with 1.3.4, rebuilt my project and now the .img file size generated is 132K which won't fit into our 128K eeprom. The old SDK produced a 127K file. The source code did not change. What changed?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thank you SrinathS_16 for the information.

I resolved the issue by creating a new project from the template and adding source files. The generated image file size is 99K and tests OK.

This is explained in img file size is different between sdk 1.3.4 and 1.3.3

Kind regards,

Joe

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

The FX3 SDK 1.3.4 release had additional APIs and updates on the previously existing APIs which causes an increased size of the library. In case you do not want to use the SDK version 1.3.4 and revert back to 1.3.3, please modify the FX3SDKVERSION string to 1_3_3 under the BuildVariables section in the firmware properties.

pastedImage_3.png

The updates that were made to the latest release of the FX3 SDK is available in the attached document.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Thank you SrinathS_16 for the information.

I resolved the issue by creating a new project from the template and adding source files. The generated image file size is 99K and tests OK.

This is explained in img file size is different between sdk 1.3.4 and 1.3.3

Kind regards,

Joe

0 Likes