How to modify profile.h and bleprofile.h for JUST ONE project?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dasmc_2125571
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given First like received First like given

Hello,

I'm trying to customize the GPIO settings in my project for the custom hardware that I have designed.  I see that I need to do this in the main profile.h and bleprofile.h files in the include folder, but I want the change to only apply to the project I am working on and not all projects that use profile.h.

I originally copied both files to my local project directory, but the compiler doesn't appear to check the local directory before looking for them in the default include folder.  I can FORCE it to find my file by replacing the include in the source files with ' #include ".\profile.h" '.  This doesn't seem ideal as it requires changing it in each project file.

Is there a better way to do what I am attempting -- to customize bleprofile.h and profile.h for a single project?  Thank you.

David

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're mainly looking to change GPIO pin locations it'll probably be easier to modify the BLE_PROFILE_GPIO_CFG data in your app.  Refer to the code in the hello_sensor example seen below...

The actual pin definitions (and numbers) can be found in \include\Platforms\BCM920737TAG_Q32\platform.h.

// Following structure defines GPIO configuration used by the application

const BLE_PROFILE_GPIO_CFG hello_sensor_gpio_cfg =

{

/*.gpio_pin =*/

{

GPIO_PIN_WP,      // This need to be used to enable/disable NVRAM write protect

GPIO_PIN_BUTTON,  // Button GPIO is configured to trigger either direction of interrupt

GPIO_PIN_LED,     // LED GPIO, optional to provide visual effects

GPIO_PIN_BATTERY, // Battery monitoring GPIO. When it is lower than particular level, it will give notification to the application

GPIO_PIN_BUZZER,  // Buzzer GPIO, optional to provide audio effects

-1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1 // other GPIOs are not used

},

/*.gpio_flag =*/

{

GPIO_SETTINGS_WP,

GPIO_SETTINGS_BUTTON,

GPIO_SETTINGS_LED,

GPIO_SETTINGS_BATTERY,

GPIO_SETTINGS_BUZZER,

0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

}

};

Does this help?

Andrew

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're mainly looking to change GPIO pin locations it'll probably be easier to modify the BLE_PROFILE_GPIO_CFG data in your app.  Refer to the code in the hello_sensor example seen below...

The actual pin definitions (and numbers) can be found in \include\Platforms\BCM920737TAG_Q32\platform.h.

// Following structure defines GPIO configuration used by the application

const BLE_PROFILE_GPIO_CFG hello_sensor_gpio_cfg =

{

/*.gpio_pin =*/

{

GPIO_PIN_WP,      // This need to be used to enable/disable NVRAM write protect

GPIO_PIN_BUTTON,  // Button GPIO is configured to trigger either direction of interrupt

GPIO_PIN_LED,     // LED GPIO, optional to provide visual effects

GPIO_PIN_BATTERY, // Battery monitoring GPIO. When it is lower than particular level, it will give notification to the application

GPIO_PIN_BUZZER,  // Buzzer GPIO, optional to provide audio effects

-1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1 // other GPIOs are not used

},

/*.gpio_flag =*/

{

GPIO_SETTINGS_WP,

GPIO_SETTINGS_BUTTON,

GPIO_SETTINGS_LED,

GPIO_SETTINGS_BATTERY,

GPIO_SETTINGS_BUZZER,

0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

}