WICED(CYW920719Q40EVB-01) J-Link Debug

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MKu_4017791
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted

Hi

In J-Link, I would like to lower the optimization for debugging with Step-into.

Please specifically tell me how to lower the optimization for Debug Build.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you for you're continued patience.

Firstly, It is not a matter of optimizing the step-into function, but about changing the optimization level when compiling in order to get an easier view using the step-into function during debugging.

To achieve this you need to

adjust the optimization level in the file WICED-Studio\20719-B1_Bluetooth\WICED\wpan\gcc\make_cortex-m4_gcc.mk.

The input will be around line 78 (do a search for DCOMPILER_ARM) and the default option is -Os, which means optimize for space. You need to change this to -O1 for less optimization, and -O0 for none. Keep in mind that the code size will grow when you do this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Murali_R

Hi ,

Thank you for your patience.!

I am checking this internally with our software team, will update you soon on this.!

0 Likes
Murali_R

Hi,

Thank you for you're continued patience.

Firstly, It is not a matter of optimizing the step-into function, but about changing the optimization level when compiling in order to get an easier view using the step-into function during debugging.

To achieve this you need to

adjust the optimization level in the file WICED-Studio\20719-B1_Bluetooth\WICED\wpan\gcc\make_cortex-m4_gcc.mk.

The input will be around line 78 (do a search for DCOMPILER_ARM) and the default option is -Os, which means optimize for space. You need to change this to -O1 for less optimization, and -O0 for none. Keep in mind that the code size will grow when you do this.

0 Likes

Hi

Thank you for your answer.

I was able to solve the problem.

0 Likes