Are there already mass market products with BCM20736S?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everybody,

just out of curiosity:
Are there already some products you can buy that use the BCM20736S SiP-module?

As a sidenote I'd like to compare our prototype with a working example.

Best regards

Hannes Baumgart

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Since we are not allowed to disclose our customer list, I think the best bet would be for you to use the WICED Sense board as an example of a low cost product based on the SIP module.

Other users here on the forum may also have off the shelf SIP module based designs they can recommend that they have developed, or, ones that are openly disclosed online and available via a google search.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Since we are not allowed to disclose our customer list, I think the best bet would be for you to use the WICED Sense board as an example of a low cost product based on the SIP module.

Other users here on the forum may also have off the shelf SIP module based designs they can recommend that they have developed, or, ones that are openly disclosed online and available via a google search.

0 Likes
MiTo_1583836
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi Hantron,

You can take a look at our reference platform here: Odyssey BLE Sensor Board - Mpression

It has been made with the BCM20737S (pin compatible with BCM20736S).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of curiosity.. .what does your prototype do?

0 Likes

The Mpression board is a demo and prototyping board with a bunch of sensors (temperature, humidity, proximity, acceleration, Heart Rate Monitor). You can create "personalities" or profiles to retrieve the data from the sensors without writing a line of code. You can control your "personality" with a BLE smartphone application and a UI that you can design with buttons and entry/return fields.

The board has a second layer with a MAX10 FPGA, LEDs and microphone to experiment all kinds of programmable logic. There is an I2C bridge between the BLE (Broadcom) and the MAX10 that can be used with your personality to control the MAX10 board remotely.

There is a RC design here with the smartphone used as a remote control:

Mpression Odyssey Kit Example Applications: Track Rover and Quadcopter - YouTube

More information here: Odyssey MAX 10 FPGA & BLE Sensor Kit - Mpression