what's the best way to program the Cy8ckit-010 (jtag con) with kitprog from a -059 (SWD headers)?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
duno_297731
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

so, I have a kit prog that I snapped off of a cy8ckit-059, and I want to use it to program the cy8ckit-010. the 010 only has a 2x5 pin, fine pitch, connector, and the kitprog has a single line header with, I think, serial wire debug pins. what's the best way to connect these? it seems like all of the pins I need for programming with the kitprog are Vtarg, gnd, SWDIO, SWDCK, and RST. looking at the datasheet, it looks like I can connect SWDIO to the TMS pin of the 010, and SWDCK to the TCK pin, and the others are obvious.

so, I guess I have two questions:
1) is there a cable or something that adapts the two? I would be fine with buying a little cable.

2) am I missing anything in trying to make this work? I don't want to put in a lot of work if Kitprog is not compatible with the 010 kit.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi,

For your queries:

1) is there a cable or something that adapts the two? I would be fine with buying a little cable.

>>Presently, I can't find any recommended cable that connects 10pin SWD/JTAG to 5 pin SWD

2) am I missing anything in trying to make this work? I don't want to put in a lot of work if Kitprog is not compatible with the 010 kit.

>>Yes, it is compatible.Just make sure that length of cable is not more than 10-12 cm between the connectors.

I would recommend that you go through the Programming and Debug interfaces section of the application note AN61290- Hardware Starting Guide with PSoC® Creator available at www.cypress.com/

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi,

For your queries:

>>Presently, I can't find any recommended cable that connects 10pin SWD/JTAG to 5 pin SWD

>>Yes, it is compatible.Just make sure that length of cable is not more than 10-12 cm between the connectors.

I would recommend that you go through the Programming and Debug interfaces section of the application note AN61290- Hardware Starting Guide with PSoC® Creator available at www.cypress.com/

Regards

0 Likes