cy8ckit-050 warning dbg.M0039

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
user_3775416
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with CY8CKIT-050 PSoC5LP. When I tried the examples with Mixer, it builds and works perfectly, until I connect the wrong ports with each other. After that, I notice the LED3 and LED4 turned on. And I can't debug anymore because of this warning. The board turns hot very quickly. I hope I didn't burn the PSoC chip already. Is there any way to reflash the board with PSoC programmer?

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

V

0 Likes
1 Solution

I think you have connected the power rails wrongly and hence the LED3 and LED4 aren't turning off. Please set the jumpers appropriately to 3.3V as shown below:

3.PNG

You can find more information on power rails in Page#18 here: https://www.cypress.com/file/45276/download

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Can you please attach your project and provide us steps to recreate your issue? I'm not sure what you mean by connected wrong ports together.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi DheerajK,

I just use one example in the PSoC Creator, it's a problem with the board I think. In Mixer_Sample_Project, there is a step to connect V_ref with P0(1), I have connected with the wrong V_ref on the board, after that I saw the red LED3 and 4 are turned on. And it cannot turn off.

0 Likes

Please refer to this TroubleShooting guide: Troubleshooting PSoC® 3/4/5LP Programming/Debugging Issues - KBA210619

Try the methods mentioned above and check if it works. Please let me know if none of them resolve your issue.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj,

thanks for your suggestion, however, what I found on that page didn't help me much.

I tried to erase all flash with PSoC Programmer but it didn't success.

The Laptop still recognize the device, but somehow it can't access to the MCU. Can you send me the hex file for this CY8CKIT-050 so I can try to flash the board to default? like what we have with the dongle for CY8CKIT-BLE 042?

Best regards,

Viet

PSoc.png

0 Likes

I think you have connected the power rails wrongly and hence the LED3 and LED4 aren't turning off. Please set the jumpers appropriately to 3.3V as shown below:

3.PNG

You can find more information on power rails in Page#18 here: https://www.cypress.com/file/45276/download

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes