I can't select GPIO option in the System Options - Programing/Debugging - Debug Select

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
damoc_1344541
Level 2
Level 2

I was developing with Creator 3.0, but when I have migrated to 4.2 I can't select the option GPIO for the Debug Select at the system options.pastedImage_0.png@

0 Likes
1 Solution

I have found the root cause of this. Your project is using a bootloadable and you are generating the hex using a seperate UART_Bootloader project. In the UART Bootloader project, set the Debug Select to GPIO and then build to generate the hex file.

Now point to this hex file in the Bootloadable component Dependencies tab. Now build the project and everything will work. You will be able to see the GPIO option listed under Debug Select as well.

If you use a bootloader.hex which was generated with Debug Select set to SWD, these pins will get blocked when used in the Bootloadable. This is why you were seeing the error

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

15 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

For the particular device you have selected, I checked and it does have "GPIO" option present under "Debug Select". Restart Creator and check if it works. If it doesn't then it might have something to do with the porting from 3.0 to 4.2.

Please explain the steps you followed to port the project from 3.0 to 4.2. You could also attach the project to provide us more insight into the issue.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

Restarting it doesn't work.

0 Likes

I'm going to start porting from 3.0 to 4.2, and I'll give you all the details

0 Likes

I open the project and build it.

64 errors. Most of them about component update

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

All the components updated.

Now I have the SWD Debug error

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

But there isn't the GPIO option...

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Looking at the first pic in the steps you specified, pins 1[0] and 1[1] are unassigned. This means that in the initial step, the debug select was set to GPIO. Once you have it updated, seems like something is causing the pins to be locked only for SWD.

Can you attach a screenshot of the Pins tab? What is it assigned to in the beginning and what happens after updating?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

This is the screenshot before the migration

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Can you please share your project? I'm not able to reproduce the error. You can trying running a code example to check if you are able to see "GPIO" listed under Debug Select option. This will tell us if it is a project specific issue or something related to Creator.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

I have another project with this option available.

It's something related to this concrete project or migration from 3.0 to 4.2

0 Likes

I have found the root cause of this. Your project is using a bootloadable and you are generating the hex using a seperate UART_Bootloader project. In the UART Bootloader project, set the Debug Select to GPIO and then build to generate the hex file.

Now point to this hex file in the Bootloadable component Dependencies tab. Now build the project and everything will work. You will be able to see the GPIO option listed under Debug Select as well.

If you use a bootloader.hex which was generated with Debug Select set to SWD, these pins will get blocked when used in the Bootloadable. This is why you were seeing the error

Regards,

Dheeraj

Thank you very much Dheeraj!!!!!!

0 Likes