Psoc 4 installation issues

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
buhec_4026226
Level 1
Level 1

To install Psoc 4.2 creator, what to choose install with Custom, Remove, or Repair?

Is it normal to install everytime, or should the software stays on the computer?

The installed Psoc creator 4.2 is different than the tutorial on youtube?

Please help. Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

The installation usually takes some minutes. If you are seeing a longer install time, please check if your internet connection is active and is not using any proxy. PSoC Creator installation executables can be downloaded to your computer. For example when you download Creator, you will see "PSoCCreatorSetup_4.2_es100_b641.exe" file being downloaded to your computer. You can click and run them whenever you want.

Once Creator is installed, you don't need to run the setup file everytime to run PSoC Creator. You can run the "psoc_creator" executable present at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.2\PSoC Creator\bin" .

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Please install the latest version of Creator here: https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-creator-integrated-design-environment-ide

You will see the options Custom, Remove or Repair only if you are reinstalling. I'm not sure why you are reinstalling, but you can proceed with "Repair" if you feel you are missing something.

If you feel there has been some corruption in the first install, please follow the steps below to install Creator properly.

(1) Using the run command (Win + R), type "appwiz.cpl" to bring up the Programs and Features window.

(2) Locate PSoC Creator and uninstall it

(3) Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator" and delete any folder in there

(4) Run the Creator setup and proceed with "Complete" during installation

Do not worry if something looks slightly different in the tutorials, the primary things like the component catalog, design wide resources etc. functionalilty wise in the IDE will be the same.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Thank you for the instructions Dheerajk, is it normal that it takes a long time to install Psoc Creator? and do I have to install it every time I want to use it? How do I store the ex.e file so that it stays on my computer and can be open right away? Please reply. Thanks again.

-

DheerajK_81 <community-manager@cypress.com> wrote:

DheerajK_81 replied to the discussion

"Psoc 4 installation issues"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.cypress.com/message/190555?et=watches.email.thread#190555

>

0 Likes

The installation usually takes some minutes. If you are seeing a longer install time, please check if your internet connection is active and is not using any proxy. PSoC Creator installation executables can be downloaded to your computer. For example when you download Creator, you will see "PSoCCreatorSetup_4.2_es100_b641.exe" file being downloaded to your computer. You can click and run them whenever you want.

Once Creator is installed, you don't need to run the setup file everytime to run PSoC Creator. You can run the "psoc_creator" executable present at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.2\PSoC Creator\bin" .

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes