BT Dongle Issues/Sensor Data through a terminal session

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mwf_mmfae

I have three question

1) When I was trying to pair tag3 to Bluetooth dongle, it add the device but it can not install driver for it, driver is always failed. I download several app like hello_sensor, speed_test, HRT monitor all of them failed. Kindly look picture below. I checked on "show bluetooth device" in my PC i saw a yellow triangle sign on added device kindly look below picture. Is this normal?

2) Normally Bluetooth device added serially with PC, and we can see incoming data on 'Hyper terminal' or 'Putty' why we can not receive data serially with Tag3 board on  'Hyper terminal' or 'Putty'?

3) I just want my sensor data on serial port to process further with matlab.

driver error.jpgtroubleshoot.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

I checked with the developers and it seems that the dongle will pair with hello_sensor or any other WICED Smart app, regardless of the error.

So essentially, this is not a problem.

Windows is just complaining that it canot find a driver for the hello_sensor service, but it should still work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

For item 1.

Is the Bluetooth Dongle BCM20702 based?  Many of these dongles are available on the market and are referenced throughout the forum.

Did you install the latest Broadcom BTW drivers for Windows? These drivers are not available here on the community, but are available on the Broadcom Corp website (Google "Broadcom BTW").

Are there other Bluetooth radios installed on your machine?  Did you disable when installing the drivers and using the app?

Which version of Windows?  I believe the BTW drivers work with Windows 7?

I do not have an answer for 2 and 3.

I will ask someone on the Apps team to respond to see if they know how to get sensor data passed through the USB via a COM port to a terminal emulator on the PC.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Yes my Bluetooth dongle is BCM20702 based I bought from amazon as described on forum. Yes I have installed the latest Broadcom BTW. I have only this Bluetooth dongle no other Bluetooth radios. Yes I am using Windows 7. When I installed driver for dongle it installed successfully but when I tried to pair this dongle with tag3 board it gives driver error 'driver not found'. Hello_sensor app is download on tag3 board, one thing is that tag3 board gives beep when I tried to pair it with dongle and when I tried to communicate with the use of helloclient.exe it reads and write I don't know how because I see on my PC driver was not installed successfully.

0 Likes

I checked with the developers and it seems that the dongle will pair with hello_sensor or any other WICED Smart app, regardless of the error.

So essentially, this is not a problem.

Windows is just complaining that it canot find a driver for the hello_sensor service, but it should still work.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

mwf_mmfae

Any update about how to get sensor data passed through the USB via a COM port to a terminal emulator on the PC.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ussid,

The WICED Sense kit as designed does not allow using the HCI mode to communicate to a HyperTerminal.

Modifications would need to be made to the ECI pins of the Silicon Labs CP2105.

Hope that answers your question on the WICED Sense Kit.

The TAG3 Documentation is located here: Programming the TAG2/TAG3 Board using command line tools

Let us know if this answers your questions.

JT

0 Likes