CY4532 Debugging

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeGr_4019896
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

I have loaded a single PDO into the CY4532 EVK and noticed that the there is a hard reset that occurs on the CC line after PD negotiations have taken place and the current draw is as expected. This reset lasts for about a second and the the PD devices renegotiate with no problem. I am wondering why this could be happening.

I attempted to debug the EVK and step through the code to see if I could see the problem but when I run the debugger and get to the function, dpm_task(port), the debugger disconnects. Should I be able to step through the code this way?

0 Likes
1 Solution
JeGr_4019896
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

My setup is as follows: CY4532 EVK with 5V/3A Source PDO with iPad Pro 11" 3rd Generation.

After negotiations are complete, there is a hard reset. After a period of time, the negotiation takes place again the EVK works as expected. I have included my CC log describing this behavior.

CC Log.PNG

I have tracked down what I believe to be the piece of code being called to display the hard reset.

case APP_EVT_TYPEC_ATTACH:

#if CCG_REV3_HANDLE_BAD_SINK

/* Start bad sink timer */

timer_start(port, APP_BAD_SINK_TIMEOUT_TIMER, APP_AME_TIMEOUT_TIMER_PERIOD, app_bad_sink_timeout_cbk);

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

Kindly refer my post second recommendation  on this thread. How to debug cypd3135 in cy4531?

The way you debug is difficult to support, since you are using Bootloader +application project. If you would like to debug it with miniProg3, please kindly use no_boot project in your workspace.

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hi Lisa,

I was debugging with the noboot project and this is where I was running into problems. I was able to step through to a certain point, but then it crashed. It sounds like the UART debugger is more what I am looking for anyways as I can receive information as the PD negotiations are happening. Is this correct? Can you point me into the direction of where to find/ how to implement the UART debug tool.

Also, I need support on my other problem. I have loaded a single PDO into the CY4532 EVK and noticed that the there is a hard reset that occurs on the CC line after PD negotiations have taken place and the current draw is as expected. This reset lasts for about a second and the the PD devices renegotiate with no problem. I am wondering why this could be happening.

Thank you

0 Likes
JeGr_4019896
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

My setup is as follows: CY4532 EVK with 5V/3A Source PDO with iPad Pro 11" 3rd Generation.

After negotiations are complete, there is a hard reset. After a period of time, the negotiation takes place again the EVK works as expected. I have included my CC log describing this behavior.

CC Log.PNG

I have tracked down what I believe to be the piece of code being called to display the hard reset.

case APP_EVT_TYPEC_ATTACH:

#if CCG_REV3_HANDLE_BAD_SINK

/* Start bad sink timer */

timer_start(port, APP_BAD_SINK_TIMEOUT_TIMER, APP_AME_TIMEOUT_TIMER_PERIOD, app_bad_sink_timeout_cbk);

0 Likes