Need a replacement for the EOL'd Am29F080B-90EF or Am29F080B-75EF

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiRo_263836
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 likes received 50 replies posted

Could you help me identify a replacement?  Something that is drop in would be great.  If no drop in, a device with  no or minimal code changes to support the replacement.

Thanks,

Mike Roberts

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Our device S29GL064S operates at 3V and AM29F080B operates at 5V. Is it OK with you to use a 3V part in your application?

Both of these devices have similar command set, so it may be possible to migrate to S29GL064S with minimal changes. I request you to review our datasheet for more information and get back to us if you need any clarification.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not have an 8Mbit part to suggest as a replacement. Can you use our 64Mbit part in your application, S29GL064S, https://www.cypress.com/file/177981/download .

Thanks and Regards,Sudheesh

0 Likes

So nothing in the same package, correct?  Is the firmware similar ?  Minimal changes?

0 Likes

Hi,

Our device S29GL064S operates at 3V and AM29F080B operates at 5V. Is it OK with you to use a 3V part in your application?

Both of these devices have similar command set, so it may be possible to migrate to S29GL064S with minimal changes. I request you to review our datasheet for more information and get back to us if you need any clarification.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh