CYALKIT-E02 as Eddystone

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FaBi_2763241
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello all,

I have tested the solar CYALKIT-E02 module as sensor after charging the super capacitor for few minutes through usb and it shows regular BLE activity.

However when changing firmware to the Eddystone from the 100 day examples (50), even after charging for half hour, either scanning with the Locate app or the CySmart dongle, nothing is detected. If I plug the solar module into the debug board for charging, then it will be detected broadcasting URL and TLM packets. I measured about 2.88v at the super capacitor.

regards

Fausto

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Fausto,

The Eddystone firmware of CYALKIT-E02 is optimized for solar-powered operation. Please refer to kit guide from Page.58 regarding to BLE Sensor Beacon operation.

Therefore, if we use the not optimized firmware, it can't operate using solar-powered.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Fausto,

Can you please check whether the BLE is started or not in the firmware. Please let me know if you are changing any adv parameters through firmware.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello P Yugandhar,

see attached Eddystone 2 different projects for CYBLE-022001-00.

the SimpleEddystone works and advertises okay using the beacon with solar power, while the example from 100 Days only works if the beacon is powered through debug board, not when using solar power. I have changed the advertising intervals from the original 7000 ms (too long) down to 700 ms.

Thanks

Fausto

0 Likes

Hello Fausto,

The Eddystone firmware of CYALKIT-E02 is optimized for solar-powered operation. Please refer to kit guide from Page.58 regarding to BLE Sensor Beacon operation.

Therefore, if we use the not optimized firmware, it can't operate using solar-powered.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

Hello P Yugandhar

I see. I assume then the example from day50, which has firmware for EH kit too, needs the 2s startup delay rather than 500ms.

Thank you.

Fausto

0 Likes