Is the S25FL064LIF compatible with the S25FL064PIF?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4092426
Level 1
Level 1

I have a design with an S25FL064PIF connected to an Intel WGI210ITSLJXT network controller.

A new batch contains the S25FL064LIF. These do not work.

Is the S25FL064LIF compatible with the S25FL064PIF?

The extension PIF is not specified in the datasheet of the S25FL064.

Can you please specify the PIF and LIF code?

Best regards,

Mark van Nobelen

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlbertB_56
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello Mark, Please find attached the "Migrate from S25FL032P/FL064P to S25FL064L" Applications Note. "L I F 00" : "L" = 65nM Floating Gate Technology "I" = Industrial Temperature Grade (-40C to +85C) "F" = Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant; 100% matte Sn finish) "00" = 16-pin (300-mil) SOIC package Hope this helps...If yes, please kindly close this case. Approximately 24hrs after case closure, a case Survey will be sent to you. Please kindly complete this Survey, and let us know if ‘Cypress Applications Support’ is essential as well as beneficial towards your business success. Cypress is currently evaluating ‘Cypress Applications Support’ as to whether to continue with this Support Element or eliminate it entirely. Therefore, we anticipate your response and certainly appreciate your feedback. Thank you in advance... Best regards, Albert Cypress Applications Support.

SFDC Case#487714

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AlbertB_56
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello Mark, Please find attached the "Migrate from S25FL032P/FL064P to S25FL064L" Applications Note. "L I F 00" : "L" = 65nM Floating Gate Technology "I" = Industrial Temperature Grade (-40C to +85C) "F" = Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant; 100% matte Sn finish) "00" = 16-pin (300-mil) SOIC package Hope this helps...If yes, please kindly close this case. Approximately 24hrs after case closure, a case Survey will be sent to you. Please kindly complete this Survey, and let us know if ‘Cypress Applications Support’ is essential as well as beneficial towards your business success. Cypress is currently evaluating ‘Cypress Applications Support’ as to whether to continue with this Support Element or eliminate it entirely. Therefore, we anticipate your response and certainly appreciate your feedback. Thank you in advance... Best regards, Albert Cypress Applications Support.

SFDC Case#487714

0 Likes

Thanks Albert.

Unfortunately the flash device is connected to the Intel I210 ethernet controller.

Apparently the software from Intel does not support the S25FL064LIF flash device.

We will have to look for alternative parts which are supported by the Intel driver.

Regards,

Mark

0 Likes