HX3C Reference Design Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
marac_4051721
Level 1
Level 1

How can I obtain the RDK for the HX3C? I have seen it referenced in video and slide presentations, as "HX3C USB Type-C Dock RDK"

I would like to evaluate this for an application to provide hub and USB-PD functions, I do not need docking applications like HDMI/display port.

This application includes:

• 1x USB-C UFP
  • 1x USB-C DFP
  • 1x USB 3.x DFP/Type-A (embedded device, no connector needed)
  • 1x USB 2.0 DFP/Type-A (embedded device, no connector needed)

In addition, I would like to use USB-PD to share power between downstream charging port (eg wall charger), a battery embedded in the upstream device, and a battery packaged with hub IC. The last device will have its charging controlled by either the USB 2.0 embedded device, or a separate controller.

Is the HX3C capable of these requirements?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

Matthew Raines wrote:

In addition, I would like to use USB-PD to share power between downstream charging port (eg wall charger), a battery embedded in the upstream device, and a battery packaged with hub IC. The last device will have its charging controlled by either the USB 2.0 embedded device, or a separate controller.

To make sure we're understanding clearly, can you also kindly post a flow/block diagram of this feature you are planning?

Because HX3C is a fixed function part, if this requires a change in the configuration/firmware then HX3C would not be the correct part.

Regards,

Rajath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

According to your description, HX3C can meet your requirement. Unfortunately, HX3C reference design is not available for sale. You can contact Cypress local sales if you want to take a look at our demo board.

Regards,

Eddie

0 Likes
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

Matthew Raines wrote:

To make sure we're understanding clearly, can you also kindly post a flow/block diagram of this feature you are planning?

Because HX3C is a fixed function part, if this requires a change in the configuration/firmware then HX3C would not be the correct part.

Regards,

Rajath

0 Likes