ModusToolbox 101: Lesson 2-3 PWM Issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
trcac_4011561
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First question asked First reply posted

Hello,

This discussion references https://www.cypress.com/video-library/PSoC/modustoolbox-101-lesson-2-3-pwm/610036  the ModusToolbox 101 lesson: 2-3.

Running ModusToolbox 1.0 on windows 10. Using CY8CPROTO-062-4343W

Issue:

Impeded progress through the tutorial.

Background:

In ModusToolbox the three Cy function calls that are shown in Alan's video at 4:17 (Cy_TCPWM_etc…) do not auto-populate in main.c like they do in the video. If I type in the three lines as they are shown, I get an error when the project builds. I have attempted to complete this tutorial by starting with a fresh BlinkyLED (which is tested and running properly on the board) and then follow along with the video to execute blinking from the hardware, but always am blocked after setting up the TCPWM via the Device Configurator as shown. Alan mentions that once the settings are set, and I click File -> Save, there should be some "magic" in the background, but sadly I am not getting the same magic. There is mention of the PDL around 4:25, although I am uncertain if that means I should have configured something prior to starting the tutorial. I am hoping to learn ModusToolbox, PSoC, and embedded systems design concurrently and have chosen this platform for my project. The learning curve appears steep, I could use some guidance. I am currently pouring through the available documentation, but was hoping to get more rapidly familiar by doing these tutorials alongside the instructor. The technology is very exciting, and I'd like to rapidly get up to speed in order to integrate it into our products.

Thank you,

Travis C.

0 Likes
1 Solution
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

1:The tutorial are prepared these APIS in advance, so when you use it, it can't auto-populate.

2: In this quesiton description, you says when you use the TCPWM. it always blocked. I don't understand what do you mean.

3: When Alan says there should be some magic, it means it can generate some configuration depending on your setting.

4: When you use the Modus Toolbox, you don't need to config something prior to starting the turoail

5: The CY offers the TCPWM code example in Modus Toolbox, you can view it in the below linker:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce220291-psoc-6-mcu-tcpwm-square-wave

6; Hope it can be helpful for you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Yeshwanth_KT
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

Hello,

Can you please share your project so that we can take a look.

Regards,

Yeshwanth

Hi Yeshwanth,

I have used LinglingG_46's response (mainly the link to the code example) to solve my issue. Thank you for your willingness to assist me! At this stage, I am very new to the field, and am making rookie mistakes.

0 Likes
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

1:The tutorial are prepared these APIS in advance, so when you use it, it can't auto-populate.

2: In this quesiton description, you says when you use the TCPWM. it always blocked. I don't understand what do you mean.

3: When Alan says there should be some magic, it means it can generate some configuration depending on your setting.

4: When you use the Modus Toolbox, you don't need to config something prior to starting the turoail

5: The CY offers the TCPWM code example in Modus Toolbox, you can view it in the below linker:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce220291-psoc-6-mcu-tcpwm-square-wave

6; Hope it can be helpful for you.

Hello, I greatly appreciate the link to the code example.

To answer your #2, I mean that when I clicked "build application" modus toolbox would give an error, and not build.

Thank you for your response! 

0 Likes