Combining demonstration software

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
matw_1334336
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I've been asked to combine the two projects "BLE temperature measurement" and "PSoC_4_BLE_CapSense_Slider_LED" for a demonstrator.

I’m looking to have 3 features:

• 1.  Temperature sensing/ simulation 2.  Battery level
    notification  ( which is included in the temperature measurement/
    simulation project)
  • 3.  RGB control

My understanding is that the Bluetooth structure includes identification of the device, the identification of the device allows the mobile app to process the data appropriately and so to combine the two functions, either a new app and a new combined program would need to be created or a program that changes the "ID" of the micro so as to appear to the app to be a different device and fool it into working with the program.

My initial response was that it would seem simpler to have two chips and use the unchanged original software but please advise if there is a simple solution I've missed

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Can you please refer to the section 5.RGB LED custom profile in the BLE custom profile datasheet for more information on how to add custom service (RGB LED control) to the existing services in the GAP profile.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Can you please refer to the section 5.RGB LED custom profile in the BLE custom profile datasheet for more information on how to add custom service (RGB LED control) to the existing services in the GAP profile.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.