cy8ckit-059 kitProg is sending random data out of the usb port

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoLa_1153246
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I recently received a psoc 5 development kit (cy8ckit-059 ). I have attempted to get the uart to usb up and running for debugging and i noticed that the kitProg uController is sending data out the usb port without any input from the target uController. I have scoured the docs and can not find any explanation. Im hoping someone else has had this issue and can provide a solution or give any clues as to why this is happening. A couple notes, if i send data via uart from the target uController to the kitProg then both the real data and the random data are sent out the usb port.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi

You can try a code example for the kit and check if the UART transmission is successful. UART_Tx project can be used to check functionality of UART block.

If it works, please share your project so that we can debug the situation.

You can find details of archiving a project in this link: Archiving a PSoC Creator Design

Please check the baud rate of transmission and ensure that transmission and reception have same baud rate.

Thanks and regards

Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi

You can try a code example for the kit and check if the UART transmission is successful. UART_Tx project can be used to check functionality of UART block.

If it works, please share your project so that we can debug the situation.

You can find details of archiving a project in this link: Archiving a PSoC Creator Design

Please check the baud rate of transmission and ensure that transmission and reception have same baud rate.

Thanks and regards

Hari

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

With CY8CKIT-059, during the program load to the board

and before system initialization completes

we tend to receive random signal to the UART-USB port (P12[7], P12[6]).

Something like

Uart_with_gabbage_data.JPG

If this is what you are talking about, off my head there are two approaches to avoid this.

(1) Use other UART signal pins with UART-USB (FTDI?) converter module.

(2) Disconnect UART from Terminal Menu and Reconnect after the debugger is ready.

Or if your issue is something different probably attaching your project

which others can reproduce the problem will make it easier for others to help you.

moto

0 Likes