Creator vs. ITM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
koczis
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted First like given 5 sign-ins

Assuming one has MiniProg3 or MiniProg4/KitProg3, which technically can transmit SWV, is Creator (or any other part of dev-env) able to catch and demultiplex all 32 ITM Stimulus channels? Is it able to save chosen channel data to a file?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks.

> Using Embedded Trace Macrocell (ETM) – KBA90952

>

"PSoC Creator helps you to set up your PSoC 5LP device for tracing, but does not include support for capturing and analyzing the data. To use the tracing features, you must export your PSoC Creator project to one of the following third-party IDEs:"

(Keil MDK, IAR EW).

So, it looks like the answer is: NO WAY! Not even a single channel.

> PSOC6 Serial Wire Viewer

>

"I was successfully able to see the message steam in Debug (printf) Viewer window of the uVision IDE. Although I haven't used the MiniProg3 here, thought of sharing this info, if you are interested to try."

"I tried running: GitHub - kyoung2112/csharp-miniprog3-swv: C# Express SWV Printf viewer for Miniprog3"

"The accompanying firmware for the PSoC3 and PSoC5LP can be found here: https://github.com/kyoung2112/psoc_creator_swv_firmware​​"

So, although MiniProg3 has SWV capability mentioned in docs, apparently some custom firmware and components are needed to let SWO pass. This is far below expectations - Cypress needs to work on debug comm opts, because for now it seems UART is the only viable one. For kits like mine CY8CKIT-059 with KitProg1 it's the ONLY opt with highest baud rate of only 115200.

But your response was helpful

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Thanks.

> Using Embedded Trace Macrocell (ETM) – KBA90952

>

"PSoC Creator helps you to set up your PSoC 5LP device for tracing, but does not include support for capturing and analyzing the data. To use the tracing features, you must export your PSoC Creator project to one of the following third-party IDEs:"

(Keil MDK, IAR EW).

So, it looks like the answer is: NO WAY! Not even a single channel.

> PSOC6 Serial Wire Viewer

>

"I was successfully able to see the message steam in Debug (printf) Viewer window of the uVision IDE. Although I haven't used the MiniProg3 here, thought of sharing this info, if you are interested to try."

"I tried running: GitHub - kyoung2112/csharp-miniprog3-swv: C# Express SWV Printf viewer for Miniprog3"

"The accompanying firmware for the PSoC3 and PSoC5LP can be found here: https://github.com/kyoung2112/psoc_creator_swv_firmware​​"

So, although MiniProg3 has SWV capability mentioned in docs, apparently some custom firmware and components are needed to let SWO pass. This is far below expectations - Cypress needs to work on debug comm opts, because for now it seems UART is the only viable one. For kits like mine CY8CKIT-059 with KitProg1 it's the ONLY opt with highest baud rate of only 115200.

But your response was helpful

0 Likes