Is there an ARM based PSoC pin compatible with old CY8C27443 SO28?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dacoc_960756
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. We have an existing design from ~10 years ago, using a CY8C27443 SO28. We're looking to see if it's possible to update this part to a new ARM based part, in the same footprint so as to not have to re-spin the board.

I fumbled through the product selector, but can't figure a way to look for pin compatible parts. Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

There are definitively no pin-compatible PSoC 1 and PSoC 3/4/5/6. There are not only differences between the underlying MCU but the internal hardware resources are quite different.

I would suggest you to get acquainted with PSoC4which can be used to replace most of the PSoC1 functionality and offering a lot more internal hardware resources. There is a prototyping kit which allows for programming and debugging.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Sorry Dave. Seems there is no ARM bases PSoC pin compatible with the PSoC1 device....

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes

There are definitively no pin-compatible PSoC 1 and PSoC 3/4/5/6. There are not only differences between the underlying MCU but the internal hardware resources are quite different.

I would suggest you to get acquainted with PSoC4which can be used to replace most of the PSoC1 functionality and offering a lot more internal hardware resources. There is a prototyping kit which allows for programming and debugging.

Bob

0 Likes

That's what I was afraid of.

Thanks for the info.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 3:38 AM user_1377889 <community-manager@cypress.com>

0 Likes

That's what I was afraid of.

Thanks for the info.

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 7:38 PM Ryan Zhao <community-manager@cypress.com>

0 Likes