8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2019 1:49 AM by AnjanaM_61

Unable to set the CYW920706WCDEVAL dev kit as spi slave

igloc_3085191

Hi all,

I am having troubles trying to configure the CYW920706WCDEVAL dev kit as spi slave. On the Wiced Studio 6.2 SDK, I could not find any example that implements a spi slave.

So I have tried to use the code snippet and configuration that comes on the  CYW920706WC DEVAL Hardware User Guide (Section 10.3). Unfortunately that configuration will not worked. I have also tried most of the configurations that comes within the SDK, on the spiffydriver.h (up to 87 possible configurations there).

I have throughly tested the following:

- SPI master device sends data correctly. Tested on scope (CS, CLK and MOSI). Also it works perfectly with a thrid party spi slave device.

- I have checked several times that the connections are correctly set as the recommended configuration (hw guide).

- The spi slave library init is correctly call on initialization. I can see the traces via UART.

- There are no other GPIOs used on the code.

I have attached the spi master files that I use on the project. Also on the application main code, the following functions are called:

nov_spi_slave_init();

spi_register_tx_rx_handler(nov_spi_slave_handle_tx_and_rx);    

nov_spi_slave_register_data_received_cb(nov_spi_slave_data_received);

When the data is called the MOSI line is held high. The callback function is not reached at any point.

I have attached the spi_slave code that I have put together.

Any help will be most welcome. Please let me know if you need any other further info.

Thanks