Redistribution of USB-UART driver software

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NaMo_1534561
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
100 replies posted 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hello,

The customer wants to distribute the USB-UART (CY7C65213) driver installer (CypressDriverInstaller_1.exe) to the end user.

Is it possible to sell the customer's products including Cypress's driver software on a recording medium such as CD-R?

Does Cypress allow redistribution of driver software?

Best Regards,

Naoaki Morimoto

0 Likes
1 Solution
HirotakaT_91
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Yes. (Same as GX3 you posted last year Is it possible to redistribute GX3 Windows Drivers? )

You can redistribute, but I recommend you to send its link to customer rather than downloading the driver and sending via CD-R.

Because these are periodically updated and if the customer download from Cypress website, the customer will be able to always get the latest revision driver.

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
HirotakaT_91
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Yes. (Same as GX3 you posted last year Is it possible to redistribute GX3 Windows Drivers? )

You can redistribute, but I recommend you to send its link to customer rather than downloading the driver and sending via CD-R.

Because these are periodically updated and if the customer download from Cypress website, the customer will be able to always get the latest revision driver.

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

0 Likes
NaMo_1534561
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
100 replies posted 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Takayama-san,

Thank you for your answer.

I will tell the customer to send the download link to the end user as well.

Best Regards,

Naoaki Morimoto

0 Likes