USB to I2S not working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
mikuc_4021796
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

my effort was to create a simple USB-I2S device, 16b/48kHz, only for Tx data.

I did it on the CY8CKIT-059 Usb Dev Board.

I tried really hard, but all my attempts how to deal with DMA failed. (there are no data on the output, only the SCK and WS).

I tried a lot of different combination.

All the examples did not help me to figure out such a simple task (PioneerKit_P5LP_USB_Audio, InterIcSound, USBFS_AUDIO_PSoC3_5LP, and so on).

USBFS --> DMA --> I2S

I find the DMA wizard undersized in comparison with the whole creator IDE. There might be a more clickable process with frequently used scenarios that would generate the entire code, at least a complet working template. Now it generates almost nothing usable. If one is not skilled in the DMA, interfacing peripherals is almost impossible for him.

Could someone help me to connect USB with I2S via DMA? I have attached the entire project.

I believe it's a matter of a few lines of code for somebody skilled in the DMA.

Thank you, I appreciate all the support.

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

https://www.element14.com/community/thread/28830/l/psoc-4-pioneer-kit-community-project102-usb-audio...

You can also have a look at this project. However this is USB-PDM bridge, but th elogic could be used with USB - I2S project. You can also have a look at the PSoC4200L family based USB-I2S project examples. CY8CKIT-046 based cod example has an audio project. Plesae have a look at the same.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

-It seems you always outIndex = inIndex    (#define NUM_OF_BUFFERS      (1u))

-DMA Hardware Request = Level ????

-еnable nrq  for DmaDone:     CyDmaTdSetConfiguration(..........   TD_INC_SRC_ADR|DMA__TD_TERMOUT_EN);

Add .... TestPin_Write(1); TestPin_Write(0);.....   for analyzer - helps to see problems

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

https://www.element14.com/community/thread/28830/l/psoc-4-pioneer-kit-community-project102-usb-audio...

You can also have a look at this project. However this is USB-PDM bridge, but th elogic could be used with USB - I2S project. You can also have a look at the PSoC4200L family based USB-I2S project examples. CY8CKIT-046 based cod example has an audio project. Plesae have a look at the same.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes