Eddystone application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FaBi_2763241
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello,

I am trying to figure out a few things about the Eddystone beacon service; does each beacon device hold only one URL in the URL frame or can broadcast a number of URLs in turn, sort of dynamically changing every n seconds? Can the Configuration Service app load a new list of URLs into firmware to update data to broadcast or can only configure a single new URL at time? Don't know if this makes sense, I want to find out basically if a single Eddystone can broadcast more than one URL and if yes, if a number of new URLs can be loaded using the Configuration Service through an app without manually changing the firmware and reprogramming the chip in the field.

regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Fausto,

We can change to different advertising interval minimum and maximum values by modifying the advertisement parameters in the discovery parameters in the structure "CYBLE_GAPP_DISC_PARAM_T" before starting the advertisement in the firmware as shown below.

cyBle_discoveryParam.advIntvMin=0x0020u;

cyBle_discoveryParam.advIntvMax=0x4000u;

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

The maximum length of the advertisement packet that we can send is limited to 31 bytes only so we have to check this limit while adding more URLs in the advertisement data. In the Eddystone application, URL data is broadcasting(i.e., only advertisement without connection) so it is not possible to configure through an app we have to manually change in the firmware and program.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

okay, I want to broadcast both UID and URL frames and also TLM instead of either UID or URL. Basically I would like to give different advertising intervals for each type to interleave each frame in the broadcasting.

Can this be done through API and override the Advertising Interval Minimum and Maximum set in TopDesign.cysch?

regards

Fausto

0 Likes

Hello Fausto,

We can change to different advertising interval minimum and maximum values by modifying the advertisement parameters in the discovery parameters in the structure "CYBLE_GAPP_DISC_PARAM_T" before starting the advertisement in the firmware as shown below.

cyBle_discoveryParam.advIntvMin=0x0020u;

cyBle_discoveryParam.advIntvMax=0x4000u;

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.