CyU3PDebugPrint not working in cyfxmscdemo for CYUSB3KIT-003 EZ-USB® FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
tetec_4062851
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am using the CYUSB3KIT-003 EZ-USB® FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit.

I am using the example code provided in  the example code cyfxmscdemo found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware.

I referred to SuperSpeed Explorer Kit User Guide and setup the UART functionality on the SuperSpeed Explorer Kit by following section 3.7.1.

I tested out the CyU3PDebugPrint and it work perfectly on the serial console when running  USBBulkSourceSinkLED Firmware Project.

Next, I move on to modify the cyfxmscdemo as I would like to use the CyU3PDebugPrint api to print on serial console for debug purposes.

I added a CyU3PDebugPrint statement in the function MscAppThread_Entry.

However, when i build and burn the image to either the RAM or EEprom via the I2C bus nothing is been printed on the serial console.

The picture attached shows the place where i add in the CyU3PDebugPrint statement.

MscAppThread_Entry.png

The serial console tested are tera team and putty with the following settings:

Port : COM6

Baud Rate: 115200

Data: 8 bit

Parity: None

Stop: 1 bit

Flow control: none

For your assistance please, I would like to know why is nothing been printed on the serial console. How do I print when using the cyfxmscdemo Firmware Project?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

You are using a out-of-date example provided with FX3 SDK 1.3. You should upgrade to FX3 SDK 1.3.4, there won't be such problems.

Regards,

Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

You are using a out-of-date example provided with FX3 SDK 1.3. You should upgrade to FX3 SDK 1.3.4, there won't be such problems.

Regards,

Eddie

0 Likes