CE222221 - cy_smif_memconfig.h does not exist

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ThSt_1053481
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored First like received First like given

When I try to build the CE222221 example for the CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT PSoC 6 Pioneer Kit, the build fails with the following error, on a generated file:

Build error: #error File C:\Users\my user name\AppData\Local\Temp\{b4c716cc-99c9-4296-993c-fb316058244d}\cy_smif_memconfig.h does not exist.

The "#error [...]" part is actually the only line of the generated cy_smif_memconfig.h file, herewith attached. The file attached here is from the following location on my drive:

${ProjectDir}\Generated_Source\PSoC6\

Has anyone ever experienced this error and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks in advance,

T.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Update: I checked it by creating a new user name without spaces in it and the example project builds correctly!

So a word of warning to whoever uses PSoC Creator on Windows platforms: Make sure you are running it under a user with no spaces in its name!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

A similar issue in thread - CY8KIT-062-WiFi board, example project fails to build​.

Is your platform also a virtual machine? BTW, the code CE222221 has been updated just last month. Please use the latest - https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce222221-psoc-6-mcu-voice-recorder

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply and the link! I had come across that thread in my searches, but thanks for pointing it out, it reveals something interesting!.

First of all, nope, I'm not using a VM. I do however notice that the poster in the thread you linked also has a space in this username, as do I. The complete path PSoC Creator is complaining about is (in my case):

Build error: #error File C:\Users\Theodor Stana\AppData\Local\Temp\{b4c716cc-99c9-4296-993c-fb316058244d}\cy_smif_memconfig.h does not exist.

In the other thread's case, it was "C:\Users\A Smith\[...]".

Notice the spaces in the paths in both usernames! Could it be that PSoC Creator is trying to create a temporary .h file in AppData and fails because the path contains spaces?

Best regards,

T.

0 Likes

It is possibly the root cause, but I have not tested that case

Let me know the result if you try out a platform user name with spaces.

0 Likes

Update: I checked it by creating a new user name without spaces in it and the example project builds correctly!

So a word of warning to whoever uses PSoC Creator on Windows platforms: Make sure you are running it under a user with no spaces in its name!

Thanks for the info, really useful

0 Likes

I am adding an SMIF device to my PSOC Creator 4.4 project and I am getting the same "path does not exist" error. However, I DO NOT have any spaces in the username (or anywhere else in the path).

Any advice?

0 Likes