Question about the CY4532 for CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla_3_3_0_1882_0_0_0_pa.cyacd

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

After writing CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla_3_3_0_1882_0_0_0_pa.cyacd with CY 4532, I checked the operation.
I connected Lenovo (T470S) and CY4532 with a Type-C cable.
I will attach the log of CY4500.

Q1) Although Hard_Resett can be seen in line 7, why does this message occur?
Q2) The VBUS current value is almost 0 A, please tell me the cause.

Best Regards

Macnica/Arai

0 Likes
1 Solution
HirotakaT_91
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hi Arai-san,

A1)

There are some possibilities that Reject happens. Excerpt from "6.3.4 Reject Message" on PD Spec is as follows.

- It Shall be sent to signal the Sink that the Source is unable to meet the Request Message.

- This May be due an Invalid request or because the Source can no longer provide what it previously advertised.

- It Shall be sent by the recipient of a PR_Swap Message to indicate it is unable to do a Power Role Swap.

- It Shall be sent by the recipient of a DR_Swap Message to indicate it is unable to do a Data Role Swap.

- It Shall be sent by the recipient of a VCONN_Swap Message that is not presently the VCONN Source, to indicate it is unable to do a VCONN Swap.

Since we do not have T470S, we are not able to check this behavior on our side.

Does it happen occasionally or always?

A2)

See "VBUS Current" of upper right corner while connecting between laptop and CY4532.

FYI: I will attach the result using same environment except laptop environment (I used T480 thinkpad)

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
HirotakaT_91
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hi Arai-san,

A1)

There are some possibilities that Reject happens. Excerpt from "6.3.4 Reject Message" on PD Spec is as follows.

- It Shall be sent to signal the Sink that the Source is unable to meet the Request Message.

- This May be due an Invalid request or because the Source can no longer provide what it previously advertised.

- It Shall be sent by the recipient of a PR_Swap Message to indicate it is unable to do a Power Role Swap.

- It Shall be sent by the recipient of a DR_Swap Message to indicate it is unable to do a Data Role Swap.

- It Shall be sent by the recipient of a VCONN_Swap Message that is not presently the VCONN Source, to indicate it is unable to do a VCONN Swap.

Since we do not have T470S, we are not able to check this behavior on our side.

Does it happen occasionally or always?

A2)

See "VBUS Current" of upper right corner while connecting between laptop and CY4532.

FYI: I will attach the result using same environment except laptop environment (I used T480 thinkpad)

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

I understood.

Thank you for your reply.

Best Regards,

Arai