Is it possible to retrieve radio/HW information such as channel utilization

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaSh_2812831
Level 1
Level 1

- We can use ethtool or iw command to get the information about the channel of Linux systems, for example:

$ iw dev wlan0 survey dump

(...)

Survey data from wlan0

frequency: 2422 MHz [in use]

noise: -95 dBm

channel active time: 19404338429 ms

channel busy time: 3082398273 ms

channel receive time: 2510616517 ms

channel transmit time: 371240518 ms

(...)

*ref: https://www.tablix.org/~avian/blog/archives/2016/02/ieee_802_11_channel_survey_statistics/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Can we retrieve similar information on the CYW943907AEVAL1F board (if yes, how?). I am specifically interested in channel/airtime utilization.

- I am using Netx Duo, and CYW943907AEVAL1F is a client associated with the access point. I would like to get the channel utilization of the channel/bssid it is currently associated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

You can use wl noise and wl rssi to retrieve the noise and RSSI. I will check for channel utilization. For reference, the WL command set is available here CYW43XX Technical Information - WL Tool for Embedded 802.11 Systems

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

You can use wl noise and wl rssi to retrieve the noise and RSSI. I will check for channel utilization. For reference, the WL command set is available here CYW43XX Technical Information - WL Tool for Embedded 802.11 Systems

Thank You GauravS_31 for the input.

Question:

Can you help me further on how to use wl commands on the WICED CYW943907AEVAL1F platform?

I have tried fetching for rssi and noise thorugh the following, :

wwd_wifi_get_noise(&noise);

and

wwd_wifi_get_rssi(&rssi);

When I looked through the API, it gets these values from ioctl.

0 Likes

You can use test.console app to use WL commands. Go to console.mk and enable CONSOLE_ENABLE_WL ?= 1. You can also use wl status after associating with an AP using join command, and this should provide you noise, RSSI and SNR together.