detail descriptions about strapping options

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NoMa_3617641
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have a question about CYW43907.

Are there any detail descriptions about strapping option pins at POR?

WICED-QSG chapter 4.1 said "For more information regarding bootstrap options, refer to the CYW43907 Datasheet."

But, In CYW43907 datasheet table 12, the description about strapping options are  not enough.

Regards,

Nobuhiro

0 Likes
1 Solution

During the boot up process ROM BL checks the flash for valid image and then copies the second stage BL(waf.bootloader) from flash to RAM and then the normal execution starts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Are you looking for any particular strapping option which is missing from the datasheet? The datasheet and page 6 of the schematics should serve as a comprehensive list for strapping options.

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

I'd like to know detail information about boot mode of ACPU and WCPU?

I don't know which boot mode is suitable for us.

Regards,

Nobuhiro

0 Likes

ACPU boots first and then in turn it boots the WCPU.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

On CYW943907AEVAL1F, why does the WCPU use RAM boot?

In my understanding, "TCMSRAM Boot" shows the firmware of WCPU is loaded in SRAM and executed.

On the other hand, "TCROM Boot" shows the firmware of WCPU is executed on the ROM directly(aka "XIP").

On CYW943907AEVAL1F, why does the ACPU use ROM boot?

I think the application program is loaded on the RAM, and executed.

Regards,

0 Likes

During the boot up process ROM BL checks the flash for valid image and then copies the second stage BL(waf.bootloader) from flash to RAM and then the normal execution starts.