Disable Vendor 2 on CY7C65215A

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
romac_285831
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I am using CY7C65215A. It has 2 channels. I want to use just 1 I2C SCB0. I disabled other SCB1 from usb serial configuration utility.

Still when device plugged in I see 2 interfaces. I want to just see one interface "Vendor 1" . Is it possible?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Please note that the USB-Serial configuration utility uses the other vendor interface to configure the device. In case you do not want to further configure the device, you can disable the 'Enable Manufacturing Interface' option from the utility as shown below.

pastedImage_0.png

NOTE: Disabling it will NOT allow further configuration of the device.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

Yes, it's possible. If you have installed our USB Serial SDK (from this page: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit ). And you can set SCB1 as disabled with our USB-Serial Configuration Utility.

搜狗截图20190220155858.png

Regards,

Eddie

0 Likes

Hi Eddie,

I already tried that. It still shows 2 interfaces Vendor 1 and vendor 2.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please note that the USB-Serial configuration utility uses the other vendor interface to configure the device. In case you do not want to further configure the device, you can disable the 'Enable Manufacturing Interface' option from the utility as shown below.

pastedImage_0.png

NOTE: Disabling it will NOT allow further configuration of the device.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes