WICED Studio does not always rebuild modified files

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NaFi_2915566
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

I edit my source files in my own editor and then build the code in WICED Studio (6.2.1).  A lot of times the modified files do not get compiled when I run the build configuration.  I have not been able to find a pattern where the files are compiled or not.  Has anybody else seen this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

The rebuild or not is depend on the source code and object file dependence in Makefile,

Not WICED Studio check the dependence.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

Two options that might help:

1) Try a Refresh found under the "File" drop down.

2) Run a Clean from the Make Target window. A successful clean will remove the "Build" folder from the Project Explorer window.

0 Likes
  1. We have done "Refresh" and "Index/Rebuild".  do we need to do refresh after every file edit?
  2. Clean works but it is not desirable to do a clean build after every code change, especially when debugging.

thank you

0 Likes

The rebuild or not is depend on the source code and object file dependence in Makefile,

Not WICED Studio check the dependence.

I think the problem was in the makefile but not the dependencies.  the "NAME" was not updated from the project this was copied from.  I fixed that and the code has rebuilt every time I made a change since then.

thank you