BCM4343W WICED SDK support?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I apologize if this is an obvious question, but can the WICED SDK be used for the BCM4343W single-band wifi + BLE chip? I know it is listed under "WICED Wi-Fi" on the website, but it doesn't come up in searches on the forum. E.g. can the BCM943362WCD6 EVB target be used to develop for the less-capable chip?

BCM4343W Data Sheet

Thank you for your guidance.

Sincerely,

Steve

0 Likes
1 Solution

4343W+STM support will be in SDK 3.3.2 which is Q3/early Q4.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I don't have a reply, but I do want to +1 your question; it's the same question I have.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the answer.  And it is: Yes!  Yes, the WICED SDK can be used for the BCM4343W single-band wifi + BLE chip.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

How would one do it? Using one of the existing targets?

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Note that the 4343W is more aligned with the features/functionality of the 43341 as opposed to the 43362.

I have asked gangi to respond officially as he is handling the NPI for the 4343W and will know which platform in SDK 3.3.1 should be used with the 4343W boards that will be hitting Distributors pricebooks in Q4.

0 Likes

4343W+STM support will be in SDK 3.3.2 which is Q3/early Q4.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the answer, Gangi.  Isn't Q3/early Q4 right about...now?  -ish?  I don't suppose anyone at BCM is inclined to venture estimating a date on which SDK 3.3.2 will be available...?