Robot Arm Tutorial on CY86247BZI-D54 vs CY86347BZI-BLD53

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
JeCr_2235141
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello,

I have purchased PSOC6 WIFI-BT Pioneer Kit to complete robot arm tutorial for by Alan Hawes. I have pulled repo from Github.

The code in the workspace seems to be configured for Cy86347BZI-BLD53.

The board I purchased is having device CY86247BZI-D54 and is providing some error message when I attempt to build.

Before I dive into pinouts, code , clks, etc debugging these differences, I wanted to ask if there is some suggestion to get this robot arm example to work with my build.

Thanks,

Jerome

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

The building errors are just because CY86247BZI-D54(PSoC 62) device has no BLE functionality, while Cy86347BZI-BLD53(PSoC 63) does have. The original code is targeted for Cy86347BZI-BLD53, therefore, you can not get the code work just through changing the device part number.

You need CY8CKIT-062-BLE DVK -

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/psoc-6-ble-pioneer-kit​ 

to verify this code, instead of PSOC6 WIFI-BT Pioneer DVK.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

The building errors are just because CY86247BZI-D54(PSoC 62) device has no BLE functionality, while Cy86347BZI-BLD53(PSoC 63) does have. The original code is targeted for Cy86347BZI-BLD53, therefore, you can not get the code work just through changing the device part number.

You need CY8CKIT-062-BLE DVK -

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/psoc-6-ble-pioneer-kit​ 

to verify this code, instead of PSOC6 WIFI-BT Pioneer DVK.

so i got the wrong psoc6.  great..

thanks for the response.

0 Likes
JeCr_2235141
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello,

I went ahead and purchased the board you suggested.  I can run some of the programs from the link below and they work.  But the one of interest (using capsense with PWM of robot) I do not find in repository.

when I run 2-5 basic Cap Sense:  I can reproduce the pwm modulation of LED

There is no Project '2-5b"

There is a MC-2-5b-Capsense, but it does not give desired functionality (Green LED with capsense PWM output.)  It only blinks red.

I have also tried maincontroller, but it does the same thing.

Before I start digging into the code, I would like to touch base on this as this is the second board.

Board:

CY8CKIT-062-BLE

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/psoc-6-ble-pioneer-kit-cy8ckit-062-ble

Projects

PSoC6-101-Video-Projects/PSoC 6_101 at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC6-101-Video-Projects · Gi...

IMG_3985.JPG

psoc101.PNG

0 Likes