FX3 Support Software for Linux (Ubuntu), problems compiling code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
widrc_1621251
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I AM TRYING TO INSTALL THE FX3 SUPPORT SOFTWARE FOR LINUX ON AN I7 BASED LAPTOP RUNNING UBUNTU 16.04. I HAVE RUN INTO A NUMBER OF ISSUES THAT ARE ILLUSTRATED BELOW. I AM LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION THAT MAY HELP ME BUILD AND INSTALL THE EXECUTABLES. I BELIEVE I HAVE SET UP ALL THE PATHS CORRECTLY, DOWNLOADED THE FILES TO SUPPORT THE 64BIT VERSION, DOWNLOADED QT4, ETC.

ANY ASSISTANCE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I HAVE USED AND DEVELOPED WITH THE WINDOWS BASED SOFTWARE (STREAMER) FOR FX3 WITHOUT ISSUE IN THE PAST.

THANKS,

BILL

I have attached a PDF with the full discussion and images from the compile attempts.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi William,

Can you please try to open the Makefile under cyusb_linux_1.0.5 and modify the command from

g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libcyusb.so -o lib/libcyusb.so.1 lib/libcyusb.o -l libusb-1.0 -l rt

to

g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libcyusb.so -o lib/libcyusb.so.1 lib/libcyusb.o -l usb-1.0 -l rt

Please try and tell me the result.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
17 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Bill,

As it can be seen from the error while running the make command, it looks like the libusb-1.0.x is not installed on your machine. Kindly, install the same and then run the make command.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hi Srinath,

I unzipped the entire ZIP package from Cypress onto my system. I ran thru the install sequence in the "libusb-1.0.9" directory: ./configure; make; make install. I did not see any errors. This should install libusb-1.0.9, correct?

Is there a complete installation sequence for building the FX3 executable? It seems like I am missing some guide. Every folder has some installation sequence in it and I am not sure I have gotten everything.

Thanks,

Bill

0 Likes

Hi William,

To install libusb, you could just run the command

sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev

Also, you need to add the CYUSB_ROOT in PATH value.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi William,

I found a document which I wrote before when I installed FX3 SDK for linux v1.3..3. Hope it could help you.

It is not an official document. Just for reference.

0 Likes

Thank you Yangyang! I will try this, this evening.

0 Likes

Well, I apt-get installed libusb and I used

export CYUSB_ROOT=Desktop/FX3_SDK_1.3.4_Linux/cyusb_linux_1.0.5

and still get the same error from g++ when doing the make.libusb_installed_still_no_make.png

Note that it says it cannot find -llibusb-1.0. Is that odd that it leaves out the space between -l and libusb?

SetUp_libusb.png

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill

0 Likes

Hi William,

Can you please try to open the Makefile under cyusb_linux_1.0.5 and modify the command from

g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libcyusb.so -o lib/libcyusb.so.1 lib/libcyusb.o -l libusb-1.0 -l rt

to

g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libcyusb.so -o lib/libcyusb.so.1 lib/libcyusb.o -l usb-1.0 -l rt

Please try and tell me the result.

0 Likes

YangYang,

Yes changing to "USB-1.0" allowed the Make file to run without error. Thank you very much!

Now I am on to trying to do the sudo ./install.sh

But the install fails when trying to compile:

InstallFail.png

I am guessing that the include in main.cpp for libusb is not pointing to the correct directory...

Thank you again. Bill

0 Likes

I just found this:

cyusb_linux Install Error: libusb_get_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor not declared

I will try reinstalling a later version of libusb and running through the procedure again.

0 Likes

Please try and let me know the result.

0 Likes

Hi Yangyang,

Still no luck. I followed the instructions in the previous post and the ./install.sh yields the same error:

william@Penrith-2:~$ dpkg -l libusb-1.0*

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold

| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend

|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)

||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description

+++-==============-============-============-=================================

ii  libusb-1.0-0:a 2:1.0.20-1   amd64        userspace USB programming library

ii  libusb-1.0-0-d 2:1.0.20-1   amd64        userspace USB programming library

ii  libusb-1.0-doc 2:1.0.20-1   all          documentation for userspace USB p

william@Penrith-2:~/Desktop/FX3_SDK_1.3.4_Linux/cyusb_linux_1.0.5$ chmod +x install.sh

william@Penrith-2:~/Desktop/FX3_SDK_1.3.4_Linux/cyusb_linux_1.0.5$ sudo ./install.sh

[sudo] password for william:

Your current directory is /home/william/Desktop/FX3_SDK_1.3.4_Linux/cyusb_linux_1.0.5. This is where the cyusb_suite software will be installed...

g++ -fPIC -o lib/libcyusb.o -c lib/libcyusb.cpp

cd lib; ln -sf libcyusb.so.1 libcyusb.so

rm -f lib/libcyusb.o

rm -f moc_controlcenter.cpp

rm -f ui_controlcenter.h

rm -f controlcenter.o main.o fx2_download.o fx3_download.o streamer.o moc_controlcenter.o

rm -f *~ core *.core

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/uic controlcenter.ui -o ui_controlcenter.h

g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I. -o controlcenter.o controlcenter.cpp

g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I. -o main.o main.cpp

main.cpp: In function ‘void get_config_details()’:

main.cpp:626:66: error: ‘libusb_get_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor’ was not declared in this scope

libusb_get_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor (NULL, ep, &compd);

^

main.cpp:647:66: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct get_config_details()::libusb_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor’

summ[summ_count].reqsize = (summ[summ_count].maxps * (compd->bMaxBurst +

^

main.cpp:624:12: note: forward declaration of ‘struct get_config_details()::libusb_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor’

struct libusb_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor *compd = NULL;

^

main.cpp:648:14: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct get_config_details()::libusb_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor’

(compd->bmAttributes + 1));

^

main.cpp:624:12: note: forward declaration of ‘struct get_config_details()::libusb_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor’

^

main.cpp:650:66: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct get_config_details()::libusb_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor’

summ[summ_count].reqsize = (summ[summ_count].maxps * (compd->bMaxBurst +

^

^

Makefile:234: recipe for target 'main.o' failed

make: *** [main.o] Error 1

It seems like my libusb is at the level discussed, but the install still fails for:

‘libusb_get_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor’ was not declared

Thanks,

Bill

0 Likes

By doing a complete reinstall of Ubuntu 16.04 on my computer, I was able to get thru the make and ./install.sh without errors.

Now when I try to run cyusb_linux from a terminal, I get:

cyusb_linux: error while loading shared libraries: libcyusb.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have set a up a path in .bashrc that includes the path to the libcyusb.so but no luck.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,  Bill

0 Likes

Do you member to run

source ./.bashrc ?

What's the result of echo $PATH?

0 Likes

Hi Yangyang,

dresch@dresch-Latitude-E7450:~$ source ./.bashrc

dresch@dresch-Latitude-E7450:~$ echo $PATH

/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:Desktop/cyusb_linux_1.0.5/lib:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:Desktop/cyusb_linux_1.0.5/lib:/home/dresch/bin:/home/dresch/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin

dresch@dresch-Latitude-E7450:~$ cyusb_linux

cyusb_linux: error while loading shared libraries: libcyusb.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Am I missing something obvious? Could you post your echo $PATH?

Thanks,

Bill

0 Likes

Check the screenshot. Confirm that you follow the FX3_SDK_Linux_Support_0.pdf along with SDK to define necessary environment variables. The .doc file which I sent you before had the same content.

2019-02-27 09-25-44屏幕截图.png

0 Likes

Have you got any progress?

0 Likes

To confirm whether the Makefile is correct, I find another Linux machine to re-install FX3 SDK v1.3.4. The result shows the Makefile is correct. The SDK could be installed correctly.

Please check why the print result is incorrect according to your screenshot. I attach my resluts here for reference.

One more suggestion:write export PATH= ...... in /ect/profile instead of run in terminal.

Screenshot from 2019-02-18 09-57-02.png

Screenshot from 2019-02-18 10-01-50_看图王.png

0 Likes