No Platforms in Wiced Studio Setup

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
brha_3994521
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

I don't know why I am having so much difficulty getting my environment going.  I have downloaded and installed the Wiced Studio 6.2.2 on both my Macbook and my PC.  In both cases I am seeing no platforms to work with and nothing in the Project Explorer.  I am just trying to get to a starting point like in the Training 101 videos.

During installation it creates the following folder, but I feel like there should be more content here.  I don't see any of the initial projects and can't seem to find how to get the intial environment working.  I have a CYW94343WWCD1 Evaluation & Development board but I can't get passed what appears to be an incomplete installation.  Any direction as to what I need to download and install?

I have tried importing folders and projects with no success.  Screen shots of what I am seeing below.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
14 Replies
brha_3994521
Level 3
Level 3

So I believe I solved my own problem by uninstalling 6.2 and installing the previous version 6.1.  After this long process all of the files are in the SDK that were not present in the new release.

Someone might want to look at that.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Did you follow the detailed instructions for OSX here: WICED-Studio-6.2.1 (OSX)

OSX Install:

• Download the attached .zip file
  • Double click the zip file and extract all contents from the installer to a local folder
    • Note: When using the Safari Browser, it will automatically unzip the contents and create a folder
  • Note: the next two steps below are needed as a workaround for a known OSX 10.12 install issue called "App Translocation"
    1. Move the contents of the folder to another folder using ‘Finder’; Do not move the files using ‘Terminal’
      • Be sure to move the entire folder contents including the installer app file and config.eml.
    2. Run the command below using Terminal window:
      > xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine <path>/WICED-Studio-X.X.X.X-IDE-Installer.app
  • See "Additional Installation Notes" below before installing
  • Double click the "WICED-Studio-X.X.X.X-IDE-Installer" app to execute the installer
  • After the installation in complete, launch the WICED Studio IDE from shortcut in the $HOME/Cypress $HOME/WICED/WICED-Studio-X folder

OSX Uninstall:

• From Finder, navigate to User > <name> -> Applications  -> Cypress and launch 'Uninstall'
  • To clean up all WICED components manually, delete files and folders for the IDE and SDK, typically in User -> <name> -> WICED/WICED-Studio-X and User -> <name> -> Documents -> WICED/WICED-Studio-X  or from terminal $HOME/Cypress/WICED*, $HOME/WICED/WICED-Studio-X and $HOME/Documents/WICED/WICED-Studio-X

Additional Installation Notes:

Open xterm, run the "java -version" command.  If it fails to return any results or states that you are running version 1.6, then you need to install the Java SE Development Kit 8, which can be found here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html. Once the Java SE Development Kit 8 is installed, run the "java -version" command again with xterm.  If this command returns "1.6", then you will need to fix the symbolic link using the following commands:

> rm -f /usr/bin/java

> ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java /usr/bin/java

Application downloads on WICED platforms may fail on certain OSX versions due to an incompatibility between the OSX version and the installed driver for the FTDI USB to serial chip.  On OSX versions 10.10 and earlier, a specific version of the FTDI driver must be installed using the instructions available here: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ftdi-drivers/mac

On OS X versions 10.11 and greater, the Apple version of the FTDI driver must be used, and any previous instance of the FTDI version of the driver must be removed from the system, by executing the following command in xterm:

> sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/FTDIUSBSerialDriver.kext /System/Library/Extensions/FTDIUSBSerialDriver.kext

Reboot the system after performing the rm command

0 Likes

MichaelF_56 wrote:

Did you follow the detailed instructions for OSX here: WICED-Studio-6.2.1 (OSX)

So do you have any idea why the previous version 6.1 does not has such installation problem as brad replied.

0 Likes

Yes, I did follow the detailed instructions, but it simply looks like the Build just was missing all the files in the 43xxx_Wi-Fi folder.  See below.  These are the file folders immediately installed after the deployment of each of the SDK Version installers.  I reproduced this on both Mac and PC installs.  Look at the difference in the folders.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

So you still have problem to install sdk-6.2, and you fallback to install sdk-6.1 instead.

My previous reply is for michael_c, as it looks like some change in sdk-6.2 causes the installation problem.

0 Likes

Adding the applications team so they can comment AnjanaM_61 GauravS_31 GyanC_36 PriyaM_16 RaktimR_11 SheetalJ_96WinstonF_61

Many have downloaded and installed 6.2.1 OSX and have not had the same problem.

The Apps team will need you to attach a copy of the 6.2.1 install log to this post so they can review.

0 Likes

Is the install log still present after it is uninstalled? Where should I

find that on a PC and a Mac.

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 6:11 AM MichaelF_56 <community-manager@cypress.com>

0 Likes

On the Mac, the installer logs will be under: /tmp/wiced_install_log

Re: Can't install WICED STUDIO 6.2.1.2 properly

0 Likes
brha_3994521
Level 3
Level 3

So I tried to re-install 6.2 again today and still no files in the SDK Folder

Dropbox - WICED-Studio_Install_02_11_2019_11_58_34.log

Here is the install log.  Can someone provide me with the SDK files?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Actually,  I am using Studio in Win7 and Win10 , but not encounter this issue in my setting.

I do the install again in my Win10 laptop, and read some info for the environment setting for the Eclipse.

Most of the Eclipse SDK is "pure" Java code and has no direct dependence on the underlying operating system. The chief dependence is therefore on the Java Platform itself. Portions are targeted to specific classes of operating environments, requiring their source code to only reference facilities available in particular class libraries (e.g. J2ME Foundation 1.1, J2SE 1.4, Java 5, etc).

In general, the 4.4 release of the Eclipse Project is developed on a mix of Java SE 6 and Java SE 7 VMs. As such, the Eclipse SDK as a whole is targeted at all modern, desktop Java VMs. Most functionality is available for Java SE 6 level development everywhere, and extended development capabilities are made available on the VMs that support them.

Would you please check the appendix attached in your environment?

Did you take a look at brad's log?

e.g.

Execute Script/Batch file:   call

Additional Notes: ERROR - Error while attempting to execute the installation script

>>>: C:\Users\htlas\AppData\Local\Temp\474116.tmp\executeScriptTmp0.bat

Command.run(): Cannot run program "C:\Users\htlas\AppData\Local\Temp\474116.tmp\executeScriptTmp0.bat": CreateProcess error=193, %1 is not a valid Win32 application

0 Likes

Thanks and yes,  I noticed this error, it looks like a limited authority issue since the content of the .bat should be same with all of us.

So suggest checking the environment and rights of administrator  in advance.

and checked my executeScriptTmp0.bat

cmd.exe /c "del "C:\Users\zhez\Desktop\install\WICED-Studio-6.2\install_config_win32.exe""

I think maybe the system is having problems to run "cmd.exe "

0 Likes

ZhengbaoZ_96 wrote:

Thanks and yes,  I noticed this error, it looks like a limited authority issue since the content of the .bat should be same with all of us.

The log does not show any authority issue, but something else.

Command.run(): Cannot run program "C:\Users\htlas\AppData\Local\Temp\474116.tmp\executeScriptTmp0.bat": CreateProcess error=193, %1 is not a valid Win32 application

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What is %1 here

searching classpath contents...

in isJARBuiltForSystemi : classpath C:\Users\htlas\AppData\Local\Temp\I1549914951\Windows

in isJARBuiltForSystemi : classpath C:\Users\htlas\AppData\Local\Temp\I1549914951\Windows

Command.run(): starting stdout monitor...

Command.run(): starting stderr monitor...

Command.complete(): waiting for process to complete.

Command.run(): C:\Users\htlas\AppData\Local\Temp\474116.tmp\executeScriptTmp0.bat:stdout []

Command.run(): C:\Users\htlas\AppData\Local\Temp\474116.tmp\executeScriptTmp0.bat:stdout

Command.run(): C:\Users\htlas\AppData\Local\Temp\474116.tmp\executeScriptTmp0.bat:stderr [The filename or extension is too long.]

^^^^^^^^^^

Why it complains filename or extension is too long

Command.complete(): process completed with exit code: 1

Command.complete(): process 'C:\Users\htlas\AppData\Local\Temp\474116.tmp\executeScriptTmp0.bat' complete

Command.run(): starting stdout monitor...

Command.run(): starting stderr monitor...

Command.complete(): waiting for process to complete.

Command.run(): C:\Users\htlas\AppData\Local\Temp\474116.tmp\executeScriptTmp0.bat:stdout []

Command.run(): C:\Users\htlas\AppData\Local\Temp\474116.tmp\executeScriptTmp0.bat:stdout

Command.run(): C:\Users\htlas\AppData\Local\Temp\474116.tmp\executeScriptTmp0.bat:stderr [Could Not Find C:\Users\htlas\Documents\WICED-Studio-6.2\install_config_win32.exe]

^^^^^^ The file does not exist.

0 Likes

Actually,  the directory in the log is not so long to cause the issue.

I found some info,   maybe  to enable the hidden files/folders will help this :

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes