How do I adjust blebat.c battery settings?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have the battery service working fine, but I would like to fine-tune it.

I invoke blebat_Init() in your application_create function, and then periodically invoke blebat_pollMonitor().

Then I tried to fine-tune blebat_batmon_cfg in blebat.c, but modifying the members of the blebat_batmon_cfg does not scale appropriately for our battery.

For a test, I changed:

/*.fullVoltage                     =*/ 3200,            // millivolts. The nominal full battery voltage

/*.emptyVoltage                    =*/ 1800,            // millivolts. The voltage at which the batteries are considered drained

/*.shutdownVoltage                 =*/ 1700,            // millivolts. System should shutdown if it detects battery

To:

/*.fullVoltage                     =*/ 6100,            // millivolts. The nominal full battery voltage

/*.emptyVoltage                    =*/ 2400,            // millivolts. The voltage at which the batteries are considered drained

/*.shutdownVoltage                 =*/ 1700,            // millivolts. System should shutdown if it detects battery

And then used a battery that's about 2.8 V but it says 72% in both cases.  In the second case it should report a much lower %.

The big question is:

Is the new version of blebat.c really compiled, linked and loaded with the rest of the application? 

In my case, I don't think that is happening.  What am I doing wrong?  I saved it, cleaned the project, rebuilt "all" and loaded it.

Please help.

Thanks,

Gil

0 Likes
1 Solution
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

You may like to check out the wiced_sense source for a better understanding on how to implement this. Read onward from the below line:

//Scale battery level into percentage and update GATT DB.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

You may like to check out the wiced_sense source for a better understanding on how to implement this. Read onward from the below line:

//Scale battery level into percentage and update GATT DB.