how to disable delayed ACK on the WICED platform ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaSh_2812831
Level 1
Level 1

-I am using MQTT on the CYW943907AEVAL1F board.

-224.226 is my  CYW943907AEVAL1F, and 224.212 is the server.

pastedImage_6.png

-We can observe that the ACK packet (numbered 2117) is sent after ~190ms. And due to this, unless the server receives the ACK, it would not publish the message back to the board, hence increasing the total delay for completing the transaction

-I did modify the NX_TCP_IMMEDIATE_ACK and NX_TCP_ACK_TIMER_RATE in the NetX Duo (/43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/network/NetX_Duo/ver5.7_sp2/nx_tcp.h), but it did not change anything. I think it is because the WICED does not recompile NetxDuo every time. If that is correct, how do I recompile Netx_Duo?

-Or is there are a way to disable delayed ACK on WICED SDK?

0 Likes
2 Replies
decac_1684766
Level 3
Level 3
10 likes received First like received

I can say that the source code for ThreadX and NX isn't included because of how the licensing with Express Logic works.

If you want to tune the IP stack like this you will need to use FreeRTOS/LWIP instead.

Is there possibly another thread with higher priority that is blocking the IP thread from running?

Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

hello:

Would you please share more about the issue based on above comments ?  thanks.

0 Likes