How to integrate NAND S34ML01G2 into linux kernel and u-boot. Please give me the steps as I am a beginner.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hatgc_4010396
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to integrate Cypress NAND S34ML01G2 into Linux Kernel and U-Boot. Please give me the steps as i am new to this. Any pointers will be helpful.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GernotH_31
Employee
Employee
First like received

The S34ML01G2  should work out-of-the box under Linux. Just enable the standard NAND driver (drivers/mtd/nand/nand_base.c) and make sure that your controller driver uses 4-bit ECC.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
GernotH_31
Employee
Employee
First like received

The S34ML01G2  should work out-of-the box under Linux. Just enable the standard NAND driver (drivers/mtd/nand/nand_base.c) and make sure that your controller driver uses 4-bit ECC.

0 Likes
BacemD_61
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hello,

Same thing for u-boot: All the drivers are available, you should just enable them in your board config file.

Best regards,

Bacem

0 Likes

I got that the support already exists in both the Kernel and U-Boot. I didn't understand where to enable the NAND driver and about 4-bit ECC adding to the controller. Where do I do that? I mean I checked out nand_ids.c but I didn't find any place where I need to do that. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
GernotH_31
Employee
Employee
First like received

The NAND driver you can enable in the kernel configuration menu (Drivers -> MTD -> NAND). Depending on your hardware you will need the corresponding controller driver as well. This driver takes care of driving ALE and CLE e.g. Your BSP provider has probably added such a driver to your Linux tree if it was not already included in the standard version.

0 Likes

Hi Sir,

We are only responsible for BSP and there will not be another BSP providers. Can u please give me those steps to do it BSP as well. The main reason to ask you this is, I am not finding in the code. What I mean is, I am not finding the right code and how they interact with each other. I have done some googling but didn't find the right answers. If you can tell me about it, it would be a lot of help.

0 Likes

Hi,

According to you, after enabling in nand_ids.c , S34ML01G2 would use nand_base.c and nand.c files as driver code rt? Is my understanding correct? is this the same case with U-Boot as well as the Kernel? Please answer... Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
GernotH_31
Employee
Employee
First like received

Yes, that is correct.

0 Likes