Start time is different between BCM20732S and BCM20737S?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
wewu_1392881
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given Welcome!

BCM20732S start up time is about 1S based on 1.1.0 SDK, and BCM20737S start up time is about 3.5S based on 2.1.0 SDK.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Are you using an EEPROM, or Serial Flash on your design?   If EEPROM, the following link may be the contributing factor:  Wake up time from sleep/deep sleep (continued)

That thread discusses a change to the I2C bus speed which impacts the rate at which the firmware gets downloaded from EEPROM into RAM during boot.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what your question is but you might find this helpful.

Wake up time from sleep/deep sleep

Boot Time of WICED Smart Tag Board (BCM20737)

Hope this helps!

-Kevin

0 Likes

I means the boot time of BCM20732S and BCM20737S, we have similar application firmware which runs on BCM20732S and BCM20737S, and after the APPLICATION_INIT, in the hello_sensor_create thread, we will print welcome information, while the BCM20732S based on SDK 1.1.0 prints the welcome information in1s, while the BCM20737S based on SDK 2.1.0 prints the welcome information in 3.5s.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

dianke02 do the two links provided above not help?? I feel like the second one should be very helpful in answering why there is a boot time difference.

Re: Boot Time of WICED Smart Tag Board (BCM20737)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

dianke02 is this still an issue? if not, please specify what needs clarification.

-Kevin

0 Likes
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Are you using an EEPROM, or Serial Flash on your design?   If EEPROM, the following link may be the contributing factor:  Wake up time from sleep/deep sleep (continued)

That thread discusses a change to the I2C bus speed which impacts the rate at which the firmware gets downloaded from EEPROM into RAM during boot.

0 Likes