How to launch example programs of CYUSB3kit-003 in EZ-USB FX3 development kit?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PoVe_3939176
Level 2
Level 2
5 likes given First like given

Im not able run and debug programs in EZ-USB FX3 development kit. how to launch?

please suggest

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Pooja,

Using eclipse to build the project is not mandatory. You can invoke the make file using command prompt.

I think your problem would be as below:

After building even though there is a make error shown in eclipse please check the debug folder and look for .elf file. If the elf file is generated then the project is already built.

Then to convert the elf file to .img file(which is used for programming fx3) you can make use of elf2img.exe utility which is included in the utils folder of fx3 sdk.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
17 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- You can program the firmware built using the ezUsbSuite into the RAM/EEPROM on the CYUSB3KIT-003 and test the functionality. Alternatively, you can use the JTAG based debugging of firmware using the on-board USB-Serial JTAG debugger. Please refer to section 3 of EzUsbSuite.PDF document for details on JTAG debugging.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hello Sir,

Im not able to work through command prompt so can I know the commands used to run the program through Command prompt ??

As its EZ-USBSuite so do I need to create path for it ??

Regards,

Pooja Vernekar

pooja@rioshtech.com

0 Likes

Hello Pooja,

- Please let me know if you are inquiring about running the ezUsbSuite.exe file or the firmware (.img file) compiled using the ezUsbSuite.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hello Sir,

EZusbsuite.exe files

Another doubt is im getting some errors in example programs like

cs-make: *** Error (BootLedBlink)

so how should I resolve it ??

Is there any video link for how to debug and run example programs because I’m not able debug and run and even blue LED is not turned ON as im connecting it to USB 2.0 , but Kit gets turned ON .

Does the default program from EEPROM of kit gets deleted ???

0 Likes

Hello Pooja,

- Please view the below image to execute the ezUsbSuite.exe file from the directory.

pastedImage_0.png

- Perform a 'Clean Project' operation on the project and then build the same. Do let me know if the error still persists.

- Use the Cypress USB Control Center application to check if the device is detected on the host PC.

- Kindly, use the attached firmware project and check if there is a blink on the LED (if connected to SuperSpeed USB port) or if the LED turns ON (if connected to High Speed USB port).

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hello Sir,

I tried with Command Prompt its showing the system cannot find specified path, so tried to set path but not able to do.

The blue LED (LED2) is connected to GPIO54(SPI-SSN) of FX3. The LED glows when GPIO is driven low .

So how to get the GPIO pin low??

0 Likes

Sir still I’m getting error for BootLedBlink example program

Description Resource Path Location Type

cs-make: *** Error 1 BootLedBlink

So how to resolve it please suggest

Regards,

Pooja Vernekar

0 Likes

Sir even Im not able add the example programs in workspace I mean im getting the red cross marks for example programs

How to resolve its please suggets

0 Likes

Hello Sir,

Im going through CYUSB3KIT-003 SUPERSPEED EXPLORER KIT USER GUIDE

but still im getting error for SRAM Master and USBBulkSourceSink programs how to resolve them ??

and even not able to build properly.

Please Suggest

Pooja Vernekar

pooja@rioshtech.com

0 Likes

Sir when I’m performing this Boot From Onboard I2C EEPROM

Blue Led2 does not glow as I’m connecting it with USB2.0 and when I transfer data in Control Center I’m getting

CONTROL OUT transfer

CONTROL OUT transfer failed with Error Code:997

Please suggest

0 Likes

Hello Sir,

How to drive GPIO54(SPI-SSN) Blue LED2 low??

0 Likes

Hello Sir,

Trying to run EZusbsuite.exe files

Another doubt is im getting some errors in example programs like

cs-make: *** Error (BootLedBlink)

so how should I resolve it ??

0 Likes

Sir when I’m performing this Boot From Onboard I2C EEPROM

Blue Led2 does not glow as I’m connecting it with USB2.0 and when I transfer data in Control Center I’m getting

CONTROL OUT transfer

CONTROL OUT transfer failed with Error Code:997

Sir even Im not able add the example programs in workspace I mean im getting the red cross marks for example programs

How to resolve its please suggets

I tried with Command Prompt its showing the system cannot find specified path, so tried to set path but not able to do.

The blue LED (LED2) is connected to GPIO54(SPI-SSN) of FX3. The LED glows when GPIO is driven low .

So how to get the GPIO pin low??

0 Likes

Hello Sir,

Error: Program "make" not found in PATH

How to resolve this problem

Please suggest

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi,

Please download latest EZ-USB FX3 SDK 1.3.4. Use the examples provided in the same for getting started with the Explorer kit. Try building the firmware in the following path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxbulksrcsink" and test the same.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

Hello Sir,

Can CYUSB3014-BZXC can support any other IDE other than Eclipse

Regards,

Pooja Vernekar

Pooja@rioshtech.com <mailto:Pooja@rioshtech.com>

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi Pooja,

Using eclipse to build the project is not mandatory. You can invoke the make file using command prompt.

I think your problem would be as below:

After building even though there is a make error shown in eclipse please check the debug folder and look for .elf file. If the elf file is generated then the project is already built.

Then to convert the elf file to .img file(which is used for programming fx3) you can make use of elf2img.exe utility which is included in the utils folder of fx3 sdk.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes