Re: CYW20719 - I2S Driver / APIs (con't)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
albrc_3946401
Level 1
Level 1

As a follow on to this closed thread: CYW20719 - I2S Driver / APIs

I was hoping that perhaps somebody could supply some information on how to access the I2S interface.  Specifically,  i am programming a CYW920719.   My application requires a DAC/CODEC but the sink data does NOT come from a BT Peer,  but rather the application itself.  Do I need the entire A2DP and an BT Peer simply to stream application produced data to a DAC/CODEC?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

A2DP sink is not supported on 20719 any more(WICED Bluetooth Software Features (CYW20706A2/CYW20719B1/CYW20735B1) ).

You can use 20721 for your application. The corresponding SDK is WICED_Pro and you need to apply it from your local marketing or FAE.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

A2DP sink is not supported on 20719 any more(WICED Bluetooth Software Features (CYW20706A2/CYW20719B1/CYW20735B1) ).

You can use 20721 for your application. The corresponding SDK is WICED_Pro and you need to apply it from your local marketing or FAE.

0 Likes

Thank you very much for your reply.  Just to clarify,  I am absolutely NOT interested in the A2DP.  What I am interested in is simply having my application generate a sine wave, and route it out the i2S interface, where I have wired in a audio CODEC.  Without HAL support for the i2S how does anybody gain access to the I2S from the application layer.  Even if I wanted to write my own driver for the Broadcom I2S,  I have no idea where the Broadcom chip is in the ARM CORTX M4's memory space.    With the current support for the CYW020719,  how does anybody use the I2S?  Am I simply using an obsolete part/breakout?

Thank you again.

0 Likes

Just as it said in your last thread, you can't get access to the I2S interface in the application. It is not open to the application. The I2S interface can only route data from the BT stack such as A2DP.

Just to add to the previous response, There is no provision in WICED to interact with the I2S block directly. This cannot be modified easily since most of the I2S block configuration and operation is mostly controlled by the ROM code in CYW20719. Application layer does not have access to it. 

Regards
Winston