[CYBT-343026-01] Test farm for BLE evaluation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YoJa_3107936
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins First like given

Hi

I plan to evaluate the BLE operation,
but do I need a separate test farm for BLE evaluation (SIG test)?

If necessary, please contact us about the farm.
(* Please also tell us that how to install and use it.)

Thanks
Yang

0 Likes
1 Solution

I wish to clarify that I am not suggesting that you need not do any testing with the module mounted on your product board. In fact, you should verify your application.

But as far as the conformance of the module to the RF requirements of SIG, we have already obtained such a certification from Bluetooth SIG.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

This module is fully certified according to the below:

Bluetooth SIG 5.0 qualified dual-mode module:

You may refer to the below for local certifications:

RF Regulatory Certifications for CYBT-343026-01, CYBT-343029-01, CYBT-143038-01 and CYBT-343151-02 E...

0 Likes
YoJa_3107936
Level 5
Level 5

I just need a test farm for BLE evaluation (SIG test)?

Please give me the information.

0 Likes
YoJa_3107936
Level 5
Level 5

Add information,

The test mode is prepared by the standard specification for the link control unit of the Bluetooth radio,

In evaluating the BLE operation, we have heard that we need a separate testing farm.

Could you provide the testing farm for us?

Thanks

0 Likes

You can use the MBT software (under wiced_tools) available in the WICED studio for this. Do refer to readme.txt for more details on the various HCI commands.

You may want to install the platform files for this module in the SDK too.

How create a proyect in WICED Studio for CYW 20706 and upload it in the CYBT 343026 Eval

YoJa_3107936
Level 5
Level 5

Thank you for your cooperation.

Now we use WICED Studio for this module.

So my question is that which farm can be use for evaluating the BLE operation((SIG test).

We have heard that we need a separate testing farm.Is it correct?

0 Likes

Do you mean the test firmware? You don't need a separate firmware. Download a demo(hello_sensor for example) with hci baudrate of 115200 and all trace log off. Then you can use the cybluetool or wmbt to test.

You can get the cybluetool and user guide here:

CyBluetool (Windows Installer)

CyBluetool User's Guide

And I am still curious about why you need the test? The module has done all the test that is needed and we have supplied all the certification files.

0 Likes
YoJa_3107936
Level 5
Level 5

Our purpose is to check the BLE output when CYBT - 343026 - 01 is mounted on our board.

For our convenience, MT8852B made by Anritsu is used for BLE measurement.

Control the BT module by HCI from the measuring instrument side and measure the RF test specification of Bluetooth.

So my question is that which firmware can be use for evaluating the BLE operation((SIG test).

We have heard that we need a separate testing farm.Is it correct?

0 Likes

The suggestion is still to perform any evaluations on the eval board. It can be conveniently installed on the Win PC and uses the MBT to exert HCI commands. It doesn't require any special FW.

0 Likes
YoJa_3107936
Level 5
Level 5

We hope to test on our borad(products).

>The suggestion is still to perform any evaluations on the eval board.
I think you mean no product testing is required for BLE operation(SIG test) on our borad, isn't right?
Could you guarantee it?

0 Likes

I wish to clarify that I am not suggesting that you need not do any testing with the module mounted on your product board. In fact, you should verify your application.

But as far as the conformance of the module to the RF requirements of SIG, we have already obtained such a certification from Bluetooth SIG.

YoJa_3107936
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

Thank you for your cooperation.

We already know that this module is SIG certified.

Customer wished for the value of the certification report, but you replied that it could not provide it.
Please see the below link.
https://community.cypress.com/thread/43391?et=watches.email.outcome

Because the customer is first to develop Bluetooth,
they want to confirm the radio wave output information of Bluetooth by themselves for technical evaluation.

Not for revamping SIG certification.

It is just for confirmation for customer's technical evaluation.

Measurement of RF layer of SIG is scheduled to be carried out using MT8852B which is Anritsu's Bluetooth measuring instrument.

They are thinking that there is a necessary test firmware to link between MT8852B and CYBT-343026 when measuring the SIG certification test.
Does this test farm exist? (Yes / No)

If yes, would you please offer that firmware?

Thanks

0 Likes

Please reach out to the local Cypress Sales/FAE team to request this level of certification support and detailed RF analysis of the certified module.  Understand that the modules are fully certified by an internal test team that specializes in certification, so this type of service is rarely requested of the team monitoring the community.

0 Likes