S25FS512S QPI mode write

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GoKa_4003631
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to write the data into the flash memory at location of 0x9b0000 in QPI mode, I am using the following sequence to write in QPI mode.

1.Write Enable Command.

2.Flash Erase Sector Command.

3.Write Disable Command.

4.Enable QPI mode.

5.Write Enable Command.

6.Flash Page programming (several pages with Page Program Buffer 256B.,Using 02(Opcode) with 3B(address)).

7.Write Disable command.

8.Disable QPI mode.

9.Disable Quad mode.

After the Disabling QPI mode (8th stage process) the device is not responding to any other command, So I did reset the device I have checked the location 0x9b0000 it is showing the programmed data.

The same sequence I have followed for single line and found no issue of device reset there.

Is there anything I am missing in the QPI mode disable process, I have gone through the datasheet precisely no extra information found.If you any suggestions Please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Goutham Kumar.

0 Likes
5 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

How did you enable the QPI mode? Did you set the QPI bit in "Configuration register 2 Volatile (CR2V)" or "Configuration register 2 non-Volatile (CR2NV)"? Please clarify.

If you set the QPI bit in CR2NV (bit 6), then you cannot change it back to 0 as this bit is OTP (One time programmable).

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

Hi Sudheesh,

Thanks for your early reply.

We are configure the CR2V[6] bit, with using WRAR command following address 0x00800003 (which is Configuration register2 Volatile address) mentioned by the device datasheet.

Thanks & Regards,

Goutham Kumar.

0 Likes

Hi,

Did you use WRAR command in QPI mode (4-4-4) to disable "QPI mode"?

How many devices did you test? Are you observing this issue with all of them?

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

HI Sudheesh,

My comments or inline below

Did you use WRAR command in QPI mode (4-4-4) to disable "QPI mode"?

Yes, We are using following sequence to disable the QPI mode.

1.Write Enable

2.QPI mode Disable (WRAR 0x71 command using).

3.Write Disable.

We are using the above sequence in writing all configuration registers and I am facing issue at 9th stage(Quad mode disable) in previous mail conversation

1.Write Enable : Device is not responding at this stage

2.Quad mode Disable (WRAR 0x71 command using).

3.Write Disable.

How many devices did you test? Are you observing this issue with all of them?

Only One device connected

0 Likes

Hi,

I need a clarification about your previous response.

As per your response, you are able to clear QPI bit using WRAR command. The error happens only when you try to clear QUAD bit. Is this correct?

After clearing QPI bit in configuration register 2 (volatile), our device will not accept SPI transaction in 4-4-4 format. You have to send WRAR command in single SPI mode to disable QUAD bit in configuration register 1 (volatile). Are you following this? Please clarify.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes