CX3 firmware hangs when debug print enabled in call back

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ViKu_2048416
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hi,

In CX3 UVC firmware, if I enable prints in Callbacks (i.e. Setupcb, uvcappdmacallback) firmware hangs in long run. Is there any way to overcome this?

Thanks in advance,

Vignesh Kumar R.

0 Likes
1 Solution
5 Replies
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted
0 Likes

Hi Yang,

Thanks for your response, that thread was very helpful. But I have another issue, that I am capturing images in my camera for every 6 minutes continuously. With this scenario CX3 firmware hanged after 7 hours of continuous image capture. So please help us to debug this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Vignesh

0 Likes

1. What's the exact meaning of every 6 minutes? Could you explian the steps in detail?

2. When you say the firmware hangs after 7 hours, could you provide more debug information to indicate which error happens? Do you get any link or phy error? Do you get any mipi CSI error? Are H_sync/V_sync/PCLK pins of CX3 normal?

0 Likes

Hi Yang,

Sorry for the delayed response,

Question 1: We are running a script in our application that will captures image at every 6 minute interval continuously. We are doing this test continuously for two to three days, during this test rarely camera device hangs (not all the time).

Question 2:

1. Device hanged when application tried to capture a image (conformed from application log).

2. Can you please explain about the ink or phy error and how to get these details.

3. Regarding mipi error we are not getting mipi related errors.

4. H_sync/V_sync/PCLK pins of CX3 are normal only.

Regards,

Vignesh Kumar R.

0 Likes

1. You mentioned that you have save the log into a file, any clue from it? Do you see any error message when firmware hangs?

2. Try to change the return value of CyCx3UvcAppLPMRqtCB from CyTrue to CyFalse.

static CyBool_t

CyCx3UvcAppLPMRqtCB (

CyU3PUsbLinkPowerMode link_mode         /*USB 3.0 linkmode requested by Host */

)

{

return CyFalse;

}

3. CX3 device will keep track of the number of USB 3.0 PHY and LINK errors encountered during device operation. The API below can be used to query the number of PHY and LINK errors detected since the last query was completed. Both error counts are cleared to zero whenever a query is performed.

CyU3PReturnStatus_t CyU3PUsbGetErrorCounts ( uint16_t phy_err_cnt, uint16_t lnk_err_cnt )

0 Likes