disable Global interrupt in debug mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
melac_296496
Level 2
Level 2

How can I disable Global interrupt when I am debugging?  It used to work by clicking on the lighting bolt.  It is no longer working.  Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Do not use the "Enable Global Interrupt" or "Disable Global Interrupt" option available during debug for PSoC 3 devices.The workaround is  that the firmware can enable and disable Global interrupt which you are already doing.

That is the update I got for the issue reported.

Regards,

Ankita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Ideally you should get that lighting bolt option to disable Global interrupt.

Please  first  uninstall and then install Creator 4.2 from this link if you have not done so till now:

http://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-creator-integrated-design-environment-ide

Can you please provide me with the project in which this issue is occuring.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Anks thanks for you response!  However, uninstalling and reinstalling creator didn't work.  I have attached my project.

Thanks for you help!

0 Likes

which version of creator are you using?

Can you use a Code Example to check the functionality of disable/Enable Global interrupt during debug.

You have mentioned previously it was working for you, so exactly can you pinpoint how it was functional for you and in which creator version.

I can find the option of Enabling/Disabling the global interrupt  in the project you attached in Creator4.2 , but can you tell me exactly whether you are not having that option itself or functionality you are not getting.

0 Likes

Currently, I am using version 4.2.  I am able to turn off and on when I use the CyGlobalInt Enable/Disable function call, but not the lighting bolt.  The lighting bolt was working for me when I was using older version of PSoC creator, which I don't remember version number.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Can you please mention steps to reproduce the issue in the project that you attached.

0 Likes
melac_296496
Level 2
Level 2

Issue happen when I step into updateNextUI() or RelayLoadStatus().  I try to turn the global isr off, but it doesn't work.

0 Likes

We have forwarded your query to our product development team, who will evaluate your query. Thank you for your interest in Cypress products

Regards

Anks

0 Likes

Hi,

Do not use the "Enable Global Interrupt" or "Disable Global Interrupt" option available during debug for PSoC 3 devices.The workaround is  that the firmware can enable and disable Global interrupt which you are already doing.

That is the update I got for the issue reported.

Regards,

Ankita

0 Likes