Build em_eeprom with sflash.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
HaLi_1053816
Level 1
Level 1
First like given Welcome!

I am going to build em_eeprom with sflash. I verify the .scat file according datasheet, but can't run at sflash. ( 0x0ffff200 of 4100PS), can't fix address. Please give me some advice.

Thank a lot.

Haixian

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

It is not recommended to place Em_EEPROM component in user SFlash region. If you would like to store custom data in user SFlash rows, please use CySysSFlashWriteUserRow(uint32 rowNum, const uint8 rowData[]).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

It is not recommended to place Em_EEPROM component in user SFlash region. If you would like to store custom data in user SFlash rows, please use CySysSFlashWriteUserRow(uint32 rowNum, const uint8 rowData[]).

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply, Could you introduce a way to keep em_eeprom data while updating the program?

0 Likes

The Emulated EEPROM Component emulates an EEPROM device in the PSoC device flash memory. Hence, Erase All Flash step in the programming flow will erase Em_EEPROM contents as well. \

If you can use bootloader-bootloadable architecture, the bootloading step will not perform Erase All. It updates bootloadable area of flash, row by row. If the user forces Em_EEPROM data storage in a checksum exclude region, Em_EEPROM contents will be retained. Please refer https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-10254 for more details.

0 Likes