Error: cdf.M0005: CyDsFit aborted due to errors, please address all errors and rerun CyDsFit. (App=cydsfit)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had run into problems due to reentrancy and in an attempt to fix them, created a problem that resulted in the error shown in the subject line of this post.

I was following the directions (shown in http://www.cypress.com/file/112836/download:

"To create a *.cyre file for a project the following steps are required:

1. Right click on a project in the Workplace Explorer and select Add >New Item

2. Select the Keil Reentrancy File to open the file in the editor, as shown in Figure 3.56.

3. This opens a blank page in the code editor with the filetype .cyre. Enter the name of each function to be treated as reentrant, e.g., ADC_Start, PWM_Start, etc., as a single function name per line."

Using the information presented in AN54460, section "Determining Re-entrant Functions" I created Synth_oscillator.cyre:

"FREQSET_AMUXCH0_UNSET

FREQSET_IDACCH0_SETVALUE

FREQSET_AMUXCH0_SET"

I then performed a Clean and Rebuild process and ended up with the "Error: cdf.M0005:..." error.

1. What did I do?

2. What do I need to do to correct this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Yes, Jeff, and that archive contained errors in the cyre file, as you confirmed. Since my compilation was error-free, I would like to have your project.Just to see if it is your project or your Creator installation.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Put this into your .cyre file ( cut 'n paste)

FreqSet_IdacCH0_SetValue
FreqSet_AMuxCH0_Unset
FreqSet_AMuxCH0_Set

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

First, I apologize for not updating that archive. I created it when I first added the entire line of the three L15 warnings and didn't update it after I got the Error: cdf.M0005: CyDsFi... messages. I have updated it and included it with this post.

The Error was due to something else in Creator's operation. I just launched Creator this morning after a shut-down and didn't get that message upon clean and build. However, I did get the L15 reentrance error on first try. So, even though AN54460 says that "CYREENTRANT" needs to be added only to user functions, I don't have any yet, I added it to FREQSET_AMUXCH0_UNSET in both cyfitter_cfg.c and cyfitter_cfg.h and got a "CyDsFit aborted due to errors, please address all errors and rerun CyDsFit." error message (that line is still in those files in the archive).

I then deleted "CYREENTRANT" from the cyfitter_cfg.c and cyfitter_cfg.h files and get that Error: cdf.M0005: CyDsFit aborted... message. So, I shut down Creator and restarted it and tried to build the project and now get an error:

Build process unable to delete contents of code gen dir.  Error: Failed to delete C:\Users\jbiss\Documents\Personal\Training\Cypress\PSoC4200BLE_101\Synth_oscillator.cydsn\codegentemp\lcpsoc3: Access to the path 'C:\Users\jbiss\Documents\Personal\Training\Cypress\PSoC4200BLE_101\Synth_oscillator.cydsn\codegentemp\lcpsoc3' is denied.

I tried to delete the lcpsoc3 but can't, even after I click the admin permission button. Now, I can't get Creator to clean and build at all. I tried to delete the folder but am not allowed to. I tried to unset Read-only in its properties but am not allowed to. My only thought as to a work around is to delete the project and start over but this can't be the way Cypress intends it to work.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I compiled your project with my changes in the cyre file only. When it does not compile on your environment, consider un-installing Creator and download and install it anew.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

OK, I uninstalled and installed and still got the "L15: MULTIPLE CALL..." messages even though the cyre file exists and lists the problem functions. I then added "CYREENTRANT" as indicated in "Making User Defined Functions Re-entrant" in AN54460 and received no more warnings or error messages.

Is there something I need to look out for or not to do to avoid generating those "Error: cdf.M0005: CyDsFit aborted..." errors?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Can you please supply us with the actual project archive to have a look at?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

The very first post in this thread has an archive that produced the Error messages. They seemed to occur after I performed the process I outlined in that post.

Jeff

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, Jeff, and that archive contained errors in the cyre file, as you confirmed. Since my compilation was error-free, I would like to have your project.Just to see if it is your project or your Creator installation.

Bob

0 Likes

I was randomly getting the cdf.M0005 errors after very innocuous edits on a PSoC5LP project.  Removing the edits sometimes helped or not.  It turns out that problem was the project was on a shared network drive.  I moved my project to a local drive and all is well.  And so much faster!

0 Likes