Is it Possible to Program CY7C63823 using CY3215A-DK?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
romoc_3559426
Level 1
Level 1

I've read the discussion of programming a CY7C63813 (in-circuit) using the MiniProg and the 5-pin to USB adapter.  I am wondering if I can use the CY3215A-DK as a platform to program a CY7C63823 in-circuit.  This would require a custom cable that I could fabricate, taking the signals from the POD 16-pin connector off the CY3215A and terminating into a USB plug.  Not totally sure of the wiring requirements, so would like to confirm the wiring hookup, plus any required pullups or pulldowns on other signals off the POD.

In addition, if this is technically feasible, then will the PSOC programmer software properly detect the appropriate MCU?  Currently, with the latest downloaded updates, the PSOC Programmer does not have a device selection option for the CY7C63823.

Thanks in advance!

RM

0 Likes
1 Solution
Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hi RM,

Yes, this is technically feasible like you said with some wiring hookup.  P1.0/P1.1 of this device are multi functional I/Os, which can be USB D+ /ISSP-SCLK, and USB D– /ISSP-SDATA,  ISSP-SCLK is the In System Serial Program Clock, and ISSP-SDATA is the In System Serial Program Data. I can see CY7C63823 is in the supported device list in PSoC Programmer 3.28, note: need plug Miniprog or ICE Cube to PC USB to enable the "check boxes" in the Programming Parameters, if no programmer hardware plugin, the check boxes are grayed out.

pastedImage_2.png

Roy Liu

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hi RM,

Yes, this is technically feasible like you said with some wiring hookup.  P1.0/P1.1 of this device are multi functional I/Os, which can be USB D+ /ISSP-SCLK, and USB D– /ISSP-SDATA,  ISSP-SCLK is the In System Serial Program Clock, and ISSP-SDATA is the In System Serial Program Data. I can see CY7C63823 is in the supported device list in PSoC Programmer 3.28, note: need plug Miniprog or ICE Cube to PC USB to enable the "check boxes" in the Programming Parameters, if no programmer hardware plugin, the check boxes are grayed out.

pastedImage_2.png

Roy Liu