Simple PSOC 4 BLE OTA for Android / iOS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaMc_3367101
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

I have ran thru the source code for CySmart iOS and Android and began the bootloader implementation for adding OTA to my existing apps although this seems way more cumbersome than I would assume. I can upgrade my PSOC device using the CySmart mobile apps fine after adding all required bootloader steps to our projects but the mobile app side hasn't been added yet. Am I missing something with the usage here? Has anyone created a drop in class(s) I can add to my project, feed it a file and let it execute a simple OTA upgrade process with checksum, etc? The CySmart app is full of callbacks and trying to rip that apart to implement into our projects is causing a lot more work than I assumed would be needed.

For instance, the WICED supported Broadcom setup is as close to a drop in as I would expect and would be awesome if supported with the PSOC 4.

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

As of now we only have the CySmart App as the reference.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

As of now we only have the CySmart App as the reference.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes

Ok, how about any users in the community? Does anyone here have an example of how they implemented these changes in their own app?

0 Likes

Hi @mmccorkle_3367101

This probably doesn't explicitly help you, but I just finished porting the OTA code to javascript. I'm using this code in a hybrid mobile app (using cordova). But maybe it would help to have another point of reference? https://github.com/modrobotics/node-cypress-dfu

Dude... You rock! Thank you so much. This is actually exactly what I needed. This is for an ionic implementation so I actually created a plugin which works perfectly for iOS and was half way thru the java portion of the plugin. I would MUCH rather have done this in javascript after chasing this native code around like crazy. I'll clone it and gladly contribute on future changes anytime.

Again, TY!