BCM943362WCD4_EVB factory reset

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nica_3974631
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi there,

I am working with the BCM943362WCD4_EVB and during a USB download I believe there was an error transferring the software, as a result the system is unoperative,. I was wondering if there was a way to factory reset the board to allow me to re-upload the software. Thanks for the help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Cypress has a WICED Factory Programming guide @ http://www.cypress.com/file/385976/download that may offer some insight.

Greg

View solution in original post

7 Replies
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

There's a nice description of factory reset @ Re: STM32F411+CYW43362 : OTA failed and FW Mirroring

Greg

PriyaM_16
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

when you say the system is unoperative, does it imply you are not able to program the board again? Can you make sure the board is enumerated correctly in your laptop?

pastedImage_0.png

Please run "make clean" before programming the board with any other application.

0 Likes

The Board is enumerated as '"WICED USB JTAG Port". When we attempt to program we are able to download the software and the build completes however the microprocessor does not begin to run program.

0 Likes

Can you start a debug session and check if you are able to debug?

0 Likes

When I attempt to start the debug I get this pop-up error message:

openocd-all-brcm-libftdi.exe has stopped working

then the debug window closes and in my terminal I get:

Exception condition detected on fd 712

Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: Success.

Quit

0 Likes

Cypress has a WICED Factory Programming guide @ http://www.cypress.com/file/385976/download that may offer some insight.

Greg

Hello,

Please let us know if you were able to recover the board?

0 Likes