Filter to UART data transmission

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

In attached project, there are ADC and UART component. To test it, I used the potentiometer and then I plotted its values in MATLAB in real-time. The project works fine. Now I want to add Filter component (1 channel, LPF) between ADC and UART, because I'll bring AC signal to the input of the ADC. I know that ADC can send data to Filter using DMA (there are example projects about that). The problem is that I don't know how to trasfer data from Filter to UART? And is it still posible to plot the signal in real time?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You best choose interrupt driven filter output. In the interrupt handler you just read the filter value and send to UART.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        Let me make your life easier. In this case using DMA has merely educational benefits. Both 18-bit ADC and UART are slow (<1kHz), so there are no benefits utilizing DMA.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your suggested solution then, if I have to filter the signal? My input signal is in low frequency area (lower then 1kHz)

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You best choose interrupt driven filter output. In the interrupt handler you just read the filter value and send to UART.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Doly, I hope you are OK. I am having the same problem that you.

Could you help me with that? I tried to send filter data to UART by an interrupt (I wrote here FilterRead and then UARTPutString) and didn't even work.

Thanks before hand!

0 Likes